Skills: Business Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Qualified staff must perform laboratory testing and operations in Petroleum Services Division. Qualified staff must be able to interpret scientific data, perform mathematical and scientific computations, maintain laboratory records, be comfortable in a laboratory environment, and check for accuracy. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not inclusive and maybe superseded by any level of management.
- Record data from laboratory equipment including flow pumps, pressure transducers and gauges, scales and balances, electronic equipment, and basic laboratory glassware.
- Receive instructions on the tasks and parameters to perform in a team environment.
- Communicate data and results supervisors and other management in a clear manner.
- Improve core analysis skills by discussing work with staff, attending presentations, and preparing for presentations
PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTIC OF THIS JOB TITLE
- Having learning agility
- Detail in reporting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to successfully perform required duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A bachelor's degree in science or engineering is preferred. Experience in core analysis will substitute for a bachelor's degree. Basic knowledge of experimental laboratory operations is needed. Preferred a strong emphasis on logical and mechanical reasoning in a laboratory environment. Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to understand instructions given in written and oral English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to perform arithmetic and basic algebra calculation and work with formulas and graphs.. Have a fundamental understanding of error analysis to evaluate reliability of measured data.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply the principles of logical or scientific method.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes, or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.