Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The International Tax Director is a key member of the Nabors Tax Department - focused on helping Nabors grow internationally through developing tax efficient tax structures. The position is a highly visible one; responsible for oversight of the worldwide international tax function (with the exception of Canada). This position has direct supervisory responsibilities over four people in Houston and has indirect supervisory responsibilities for various more located in multiple countries. This position will be responsible for timely filed local compliance, quarterly tax provision review, manage local audits and make sure to maintain an efficient tax structure as tax laws change in various jurisdictions. This role will also make sure to keep good lines of communications between all internal departments at Nabors and will also have to manage outside tax advisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop detailed tax plans outlining steps and associated tax implications of reorganization and restructuring.
• Prepare implementation step plans for reorganizations and restructuring detailing the timing, sequence, and tax consequences of each step.
• Analyze and recommend tax efficient structures for new and current operations in foreign jurisdictions, as well as plans for transfers between foreign affiliates.
• Review tax plans and advice prepared by direct reports prior to distribution.
• Minimize foreign taxes of all types by working closely with local tax advisors to come up with tax efficient planning.
• Maintain supporting documentation and explanation of all major transactions.
Tax Compliance/Financial Reporting
• Organize and lead at least four annual regional conferences designed to train local personnel on tax initiatives/tax provisioning processes and set priorities for the upcoming year.
• Manage annual foreign beneficial ownership studies to support right to access US Luxembourg Double Tax Treaty.
• Coordinate, supervise, and review transfer pricing analysis prepared in support of intercompany pricing.
• Review foreign tax returns and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors.
• Liaise with foreign finance managers and international controller's group on the implementation and maintenance of tax structures.
• Prepare international tax provisions for European FINCO structures in compliance with ASC 740 reporting.
• Review monthly tax journal entries for European FINCO structures.
• Review all U.S. reporting of foreign activities including IRS forms 1120F, 5471, 5472, 1118, 926, 5713.
• Coordinate closely with Domestic Tax group to ensure proper U.S. tax reporting.
• Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements.
• Manage foreign tax audits and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors.
• Supervise four direct reports.
• Help manage tax consultants and control fees.
• Provide technical tax training within the Department.
• Attend relevant training programs and stay up-to-date on local country tax legislation.
• Suggest ways to improve the Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Degree in Accounting with a Masters in Taxation or Law Degree
- CPA or having passed the Bar Exam is mandatory
- 12+ years public accounting (International Tax) and/or oilfield services industry experience.
- US income tax reporting standards ASC 740.
- Oracle and Hyperion experience preferred.
- Strong organization, communication and team focused skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- 10-15% international travel.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.