Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Capital Projects - Project Manager located inEl Segundo, CA California /United States .
Chevron Products Company is currently searching for an experienced Project Manager to manage the capital project development and execution to include Engineering, Construction, and Commissioning. Responsibilities include providing overall leadership; championing the application of Chevron Process Improvement Principles; and driving the behaviors necessary to ensure high level decision quality and top quartile cost performance. The Project Manager position will be located in our refinery in El Segundo, California. The estimated capital cost of a typical project is in the $3-24 million range.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
- Lead the safe and incident free planning and execution of assigned projects.
- Lead project framing, alternative development and selection, project development and execution, and post project evaluation.
- Coordinate all front-end work leading up to the execution phase of the project.
- All detailed engineering, procurement, construction and start-up activities.
- Coordinate Chevron review & approval of design deliverables from engineering contractors.
- Cost and schedule of assigned projects, including timely and accurate cost and schedule forecasting.
- Establish objectives and expectations for implementation of all necessary Chevron Process Improvement Methodology tools, including obtaining "Best Practical" FEL and Cost Index scores.
- Develop staffing plans for project.
- Set direction for experienced contract personnel.
- Contract and purchase order development and placement.
- Manage the OSHA PSM/MOC process.
- Develop project objectives for safety, schedule, cost and operability.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Design/Construction Project Management role.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful project management practices.
- Proven ability to work in and foster a strong team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proven knowledge of refining facilities and integration of project work in these facilities.
- Proven to be a strong safety champion who will lead the project in achieving "0" incidents and injuries.
- Project Management training.
- Demonstrated familiarity with gated decision-making processes.
- Proven experience with chemical or process plant design and equipment
- Demonstrated prior related experience is highly desirable and will be a major factor in the evaluation of candidates.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.