Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Neuquen, Neuquen, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Successful Position holders will need to provide a proven track record up to and including the position of a Senior Well Site Supervisor (Company Man).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The WSS shall provide clear leadership in all aspects of health, safety and environmental (HSE) protection, ensuring that safe working practices are being utilized.
- The ultimate objective of the WSS is to conduct the well operations safely, in accordance with the approved well operations program and in compliance with the applicable Policies/Standards/ Procedures and the regulatory requirements, within the allocated time / cost with optimal use of resources
- Organizes and leads pre-job safety and operations meetings that are related to well operations.
- Leads daily planning meetings and discusses operations with tool pusher, segment and third parties' supervisors and client representative if applicable.
- Updates forecast, tools and product group loading, POB and planned activity (7 days planner) to anticipate resource requirements to meet well demands and provide optimum efficiency of services.
- Responsible for checking that equipment and services comply service quality standards and with the contract.
- Manages proper inventory of tangibles such as, but not limited to cement, barite, bits, as well as rental equipment through the group loading.
- Prepares detailed procedures for specific critical operations (running casing, cementing, etc.) prepare risk analysis and proper contingencies.
- Implements contingency plans at the rig site.
- Prepares and communicates accurate daily morning report with the contribution of the appropriate service companies.
- Prepare the 12 hrs instructions for the driller and companies services.
- Follow strictly company process and requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The Senior Well Engineer should have experiences relevant to the nature of the project and typically at least 5 years Oilfield Drilling seniority in appropriate positions.
- He/She must have a valid Well Control certificate.
- The successful candidate should be educated to a minimum of a Degree level in a relevant subject associated with the position.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.