Skills: Drilling Engineering, Well Control
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Neuquen, Neuquen, Argentina
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Successful Position holders will need to provide a proven track record up to and including the position of a Senior Well Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and approves the Well Proposal and Basis of Design and follows the execution of programs technically
- Reviews and approves Well Programs and End-of-Well reports
- Reviews and approves well operations procedures e.g. Casing running and cementing
- Participates in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers and equipment
- Ensures proper communication with relevant parties (client, segments, third parties, etc)
- Participates in cost control of programs Vs AFE by analysing solutions.
- Assures Technical Integrity of Well Operations programs.
- Reviews and approves project well control briefing y other documents required by the company process.
- Reviews new technology for possible application to project
- Uses InTouch for best practices, lessons learned and technical alerts
- Ensures best practices and lessons learned are transferred between all rigs on a project
- Approves invoices for service companies
- Deputize for Project Manager as required
- In addition to the above, the successful candidate needs to demonstrate leadership in QHSE, Planning and Performance & Cost Monitoring.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The Senior Well Engineer should have experiences relevant to the nature of the project and typically at least 10 years Oilfield Drilling seniority in appropriate positions.
- He must have a valid Well Control certificate.
- The successful candidate should be educated to a minimum of a Degree level in a relevant subject associated with the position.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.