Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Manager will provide support to the manufacturing and service business units by implementing Oceaneering's Quality Management System (QMS) & related tools /processes to accelerate business results, as well as identify, measure and improve key performance indicators (KPIs) such as Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and on time delivery (OTD).
- Effectively manages a team of specialists and may manage support teams.
- Applies advanced knowledge and skills of specialized area and demonstrates broad understanding of the field.
- Engaging with Matrix Manager as appropriate
- Executes short-term operational activities and innovation for a specific work area through process implementation.
- Manages problem-solving within own work team and oversees solution implementation.
- Setup, maintain, and revise as necessary the internal & external customer feedback collection process.
- Develop a common understanding of alignment and direction regarding the processes that are business unit specific vs. the processes and systems the can be provided from the shared services organization.
- Manage a team of quality engineers and support teams by integrating, aligning and adjusting resources based upon the critical needs of the organization, as opposed to a single business unit.
- Develop standards and review Quality Deliverables, such as Quality Plans, Inspection Test Plans, Incident Investigations, Internal Audit Plans.
- Develop, maintain, and trend business and operational KPIs (COPQ, OTD, Service Level Agreement KPIs, etc) to define, facilitate, plan resources, implement, and validate continuous improvement and Operational Excellence (OE) projects. Link project metrics to strategic operational objectives.
- Define / identity, record, track, maintain, and validate the following:
- Non conformances, corrective actions, preventive actions, internal audit program
- Risk mitigation plans
- Ensure requirements that are Critical to Quality (CTQ's) and Critical to Process (CTP's) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities, managed to ensure conformance, and clearly identified in the business processes.
- Work with line management to develop an understanding and proper use of adequate risk assessment, root cause analysis, non conformance, corrective action, and COPQ collection and reduction tools.
- Collaborate with line management to identify common activities between business units and develop common processes which can drive efficiency and across OII and alignment with the corporate QMS.
- Maintain the QMS system by reviewing, verifying, approving, and developing or facilitating the development of procedures, as necessary.
- Ensure the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Identify competency needs for quality engineering positions, coach, mentor and establish development plans in order to ensure effective performance and achievement of business objectives.
- Responsible for conducting an annual supplier risk assessment in collaboration with Supply Chain and the business units and establishing if supplier development or audit is required based upon risk, business needs, and impact.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs.
- Coaches and mentors in use of the improvement model and appropriate analytical tools.
- Assists in the preparation of budget and performance reports for senior management.
- Understand when and how to establish requirements of Gage Calibration and perform, validate Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Facilitate and provide appropriate supporting data for management review for local business units.
Facilitate/support external audits for site certifications verify and distributing work to BU as necessary), internal and external audits.
- Develop, maintain, ensure implementation and evaluate conformance to inspection and testing plans (ITPs), Incoming Quality Control plan (IQCPs), quality plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Global Business Unit Quality Manager
- Include anyone who directs the work or participates in defining the day-to-day work of this person (dotted line) such as site General Manager and Senior Management Team
- Performance may be measured by the Business Unit Line Manager using a Matrix Manager approach
- Education and/or Experience Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably in Quality, Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent
- Significant experience in Quality Engineering/Continuous Improvement role with demonstrable evidence of systems and process improvement.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
- Experience of managing and working in an environment such as oil & gas products, manufacturing, automotive, medical devices, is preferred
- Lead auditor
- Six Sigma Black Belt/ Green belt experience
- Facilitation training
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write, in formal and informal manners, accurate and clear dissemination of complex information, ideas, or concept. Use of appropriate language and terminology to assist reader in progressing from "A to Z". Knowledge and use of correct grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc.
- Poised, comfortable verbal communications in front of others; articulate, logical, concise, confident, and ability to establish credibility with the audience. Knowledge and use of correct grammar.
- Shares information, advice, and suggestions to help others to be more successful; provides effective coaching
- Skill to recognize and determine the need to shift priorities, and/or resources to maximize unit operations and/or address changes in assigned goals and objectives.
- Knows when to escalate critical issues to own or others' management, if own efforts to enlist support have not succeeded
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.