Skills: Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Ably Resource are working with a marine operations consultancy in the Newcastle Upon Tyne for the search of a Project Manager /Naval Architect
Based in the Newcastle office, you will work as part of a team of project managers within the offshore projects department to deliver turnkey logistics solutions to the clients within the offshore renewables, oil & gas and defence sectors. You will be responsible for tendering activities pre-contract award through to planning and execution of projects.
You will be based in the NE office, but the nature of the work may see you spending some time in client offices, onsite or offshore.
- Develop and manage projects ensuring all stakeholders are kept duly informed, that all quality and HSE management systems are followed and the project is delivered on time on budget and to a high standard.
- Be the point of contact between clients.
- Manage the interface with various subcontractors and coordinating execution on site.
- Produce schedules, work breakdown structures, project execution plans and other project management documentation required to run projects effectively.
- Report on project performance internally (and externally as required) at frequent & regular intervals.
- Produce engineering documentation as required including risk assessments method statements, calculation reports and associated drawings.
- Follow processes and procedures ensuring engineering documents are produced, checked and approved in accordance with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Mentor and support project coordinators as and when required.
- Feedback internally to the lessons learnt database.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or master's degree in Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in the marine or oil & gas industry.
- Approved Project Management Qualification (APM, PMP, PRINCE or similar)
- Chartered engineer status
- Understanding of vessel systems, mooring arrangements and cargo securing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Good understanding of the marine regulatory framework.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in use of Ansys Workbench.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD Inventor.
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.