Job Title - Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Location - Cameron, LA
Employee Type - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client is an energy company primarily engaged in LNG with the oil and gas industry and is in need of a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to join their team in Cameron, LA.
The Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer reports to the Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer, and is the technical steward for rotating equipment, heat exchangers, tanks, and mechanical systems and is accountable for supporting system maintenance and improving these systems including all associated documentation. The employee will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, engineering design, maintenance, and production groups.
- Serves as the mechanical systems administrator and provides daily rotating equipment and mechanical systems support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational.
- Serves as a plant expert on rotating equipment and mechanical system engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity, and applicability to specifications, philosophies and standards) and mentor the support groups (Mechanical Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards, and regulations that are equipment related.
- Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Reinforces awareness of safety and environmental incidents through frequent job observations by talking to personnel working in the plant. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
- Applies extensive in-depth or broad engineering knowledge, skills and practices and basic knowledge of related/interdependent cross family/function experience to perform a variety of difficult assignments.
- Regularly uses new technologies, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- May serve as a project manager on a small to medium-sized engineering/construction project(s) including leading the work of other professionals and technicians outside of own department
- No direct reports
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least five (5) years' experience in an industrial environment in engineering or operations. .
- Experience with GE LM2500 gas turbines is desirable.
- Experience with centrifugal pumps and compressors is required. Experience implementing predictive maintenance strategies such as vibration analysis and lube oil analysis.
- Experience on hazard evaluations, formal HAZOP training would be an asset. Possesses contract development and negotiating skills and experience in managing technical contract from inception through execution. Knowledge in CMMS systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG receiving terminal.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy including Project Management, database, Microsoft Project and Microsoft
- Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of an energy company primarily engaged in LNG. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.