Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Treasury Analyst for an 8 month contract position (Immediate Start), located in Aberdeen.
To undertake all Treasury activities within Group Treasury rules and procedures, legal / banking requirements and financing agreements, including:-
- Ensuring daily payment runs are made efficiently and accurately
- Maximising efficiency of daily Cash Management resulting in accurate daily forecasting to Group Treasury
- Minimising FX exposure through daily foreign currency monitoring and hedging strategy
- Providing central UK group cash pooling service through liaison with other UK affiliates, UK banks and Group Treasury
- Providing advice on financing issues related to acquisitions, divestments and re-organisations
- Preparing and advise on reviews of external companies' financial capability as part of due diligence
Internal : Legal, Strategy & Business, Management Accounts, Accounts Payable, Asset Cost Performance, Internal Control
External : Group Treasury, Treasury Dept peers in UK affiliates, Company's Banking Institutions, External Auditors
- Calculate daily funding positions for all UK Upstream and Holding companies, including proposed transfers and foreign exchange dealings and consolidating this data for input to Group Treasury daily forecast submission.
- Co-ordinate daily cash forecast position for Company, consolidating data from Holdings, Upstream, Downstream, Midstream and Chemical affiliates to submit to Group Treasury's daily cash positions.
- Responsible for release of all company payment instructions to external banks on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the maintaining the integrity of Themis payment template database to ensure it remains up-to-date and accurate.
- Liaise closely with UK affiliates concerning pooled cash balances, reconciling daily and monthly, calculating and agreeing interest charges.
- Assist in the management of existing common banking relationships through communication with other UK affiliates, Group Treasury & banking contacts.
- Maintain banking authorizations, ensuring bank mandates and company board resolutions are accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage UK Upstream and Holding foreign currency hedge strategy.
- Forecast medium and long term funding requirements to ensure the Company is always adequately financed and that gearing and other ratios governed by loan agreements (covenants) are either adhered to or promptly re-negotiated, e.g. £1.3Bn LT project loan.
- Assist with the procurement and negotiation of new credit (loan) facilities with banks or finance entities, in co-ordination with Group Direction FinanciÃ¨re, ensuring that Upstream Companies can fund their operations.
- Maintain and report bank counterparty limits, parent company guarantees and letters of credit for Upstream and Holding companies, including submission of new applications to Group or external banks.
- Prepare and advise on financial reviews and credit checks of external companies as part of due diligence.
- Produce treasury reports, monthly and ad hoc, in line with Group and Company requirements and deadlines, including cash-flows as input to company Budget, PdC and PLT exercises.
- Ensure integrity and security of Treasury payment software, methods or internal control procedures.
- Provide technical expertise as a SAP Key User and on Themis system and banking integration for treasury activities.
- Perform and advise on all assigned SOX controls to achieve compliance and ensure they remain up-to-date and fit-for-purpose.
- Deputise for Treasury Leader as necessary.
- Carry out daily cash management activities with aim of maintaining integrity of company's cash position and minimizing variances to forecast.
- Manage the foreign currency hedging, ensuring that all currency exposures are efficiently and correctly hedged in adherence to Group policies.
- Ensure timely payment of all contractual financial obligations, including HMRC, suppliers, partners and Group entities.
- Maintain integrity of Themis payment template database to ensure payments are made to correct bank accounts and avoid fraud.
- Perform, evidence and document all assigned SOX controls to achieve 100% compliance.
- Be an external bank and Treasury account signatory
- Qualified Accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA) or member of Association of Corporate Treasurers
- General finance/accounting experience, including relevant corporate treasury experience
- Excellent knowledge of treasury products, as well as Group and bank systems and processes
- Knowledge of SAP essential
- Able to work to strict daily deadlines