Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Petroleum Engineering, Stimulation
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
StimWell Services, a leading provider of well stimulation services owns the state-of-the-art stimulation vessel MV Island Patriot. The vessel is based in Esbjerg, Denmark and operates throughout the North Sea in the Norwegian, Dutch, Danish and UK Sectors.
Due to a current opening, StimWell Services has the following exciting opportunity working on the Island Patriot Vessel, Esbjerg, Denmark, based on a 28/28 day rotation: -
Vessel Stimulation Engineer, North Sea
Salary - Dependent on experience
Working on the Island Patriot, Esbjerg, Denmark
The key responsibilities include: -
- To support the Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer with accurate and professional output of material QA/QC, job reports, chemical reconciliations and reporting procedures and other processes and documents as required.
- To ensure competent, accurate and timely laboratory testing as required by the Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer and / or Engineering Manager.
- To support the Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer in R&D, fluid development, fluid testing and internal / external vessel improvement projects.
- To liaise effectively and confidently with the Customer on general fluid design and general fracturing principles.
- To assist the Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer in effective Customer liaison, facilitating regular visits and presentations at various company offices around the North Sea and representing Company at conferences, workshops and industry meetings.
- Able to take on the general responsibilities of Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer if called upon through absence or due to long treatments.
- To provide an effective liaison between the Senior Vessel Engineer, the Junior Engineers and Laboratory Technicians.
- Mentoring of Junior Vessel Stimulation Engineers.
- To aid the Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer in providing training in addition to any general and / or specific training provided by the Company.
- To take an enthusiastic role in the Vessel safety and environmental culture and to assist the Senior Vessel Stimulation Engineer in his role as leader in the Vessel for QHSE.
Key requirements for the role: -
- A BSc Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role.
- A good understanding of Laboratory Procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Have a high level of personal motivation.
- Consistently able to work under pressure and unsupervised.
- Must be computer literate.