Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 5 months.
You will join the Process Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process systems for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve Process Design, Process Simulation, Process Equipment & Instrument Datasheets, PFD, P&ID, calculations and HAZOP. Design positions involve the utilisation of CAD to produce P&ID and PFD CAD drawings.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and/or design books on time to meet offshore deadlines
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs