Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Works within the Shared Services - Billing Department to create invoices with multiple points of data capture. Work closely with operations, marketing & customers in order to maintain the activities of legal contracts and invoices. Research and resolve invoice disputes, working with customer, operations and marketing.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
• Create invoices and credit memos in Oracle AR, D365, and manually, as needed.
• Work closely with field operations and marketing personnel to research and resolve billing disputes and obtain required Company Man approvals/signed tickets.
• Maintain accurate, complete, and orderly billing files and supporting documentation for audit purposes (Operator, Internal and External).
• Correctly identify and report unbilled revenue to Accounting for month-end accruals.
• Effectively manage revenue data capture from multiple points to create invoices.
• Understand complex contract language regarding billing triggers, pricing/invoicing requirements, and customer's preferred invoice delivery method.
• Able to multi-task while effectively prioritizing workload in order to meet deadlines.
• Able to understand and to carry out complex oral and written instructions.
• Excellent & professional verbal and written communication skills with all customer issues, or inquiries from operations or management.
• Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats and formulas.
• Able to work one weekend once every quarter from home and one holiday per year for on-call rotation schedule for issuing job codes and project numbers.
• Back-up to Contract Administrator for Contract Database.
• Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be a self-starter, capable of working with only moderate supervision.
• 5+ years of billing or payables experience using a major ERP system such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP
• 5+ years of experience working with contract billing specifications.
• General understanding of basic accounting principles and the accrual process
• Intermediate (or higher) skills in MS Word and MS Excel required.
• ERP AR/Billing experience - Oracle 12i preferred
• 3+ years of billing experience with complex contract language & billing specifications
• Oil and gas industry experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work overtime, as required
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.