Skills: Research & Development, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With the recent refresh of the Technology Strategy a stronger linkage between technology development and deployment by factoring in commercial thinking and supply chain understanding from the outset has been identified as one of the key enablers. Creating value & competitive advantage from the profitable deployment of (new) technologies and innovation (Technology Commercialization) is one of the winning capabilities in Shell's strategy and Contract & Procurement (C&P) has a role to play. The delivery requires C&P involvement from ideation to value creation through profitable deployment by supporting the technology platforms with their innovation sourcing strategies (make vs buy vs collaborate) and the delivery of their technology value funnels.
The successful candidate will join the Contracts and Procurement Technology (CPT) team and will play an integral role in technology commercialization. Some of the large scale projects include: wells engineering, subsurfaces comprising geosciences, carbonate improved oil recovery (IOR) and CO2 abatements among others. The team will work with Commercial Delivery Managers (CDMs) and Technology Opportunity Managers (TOMs) in the new Technology Organization to co-create and implement Technology Commercialization strategies in alignment with the new Technology Delivery Model (TDM). CPT will also work closely with prospective Shell customers the Technology Innovation Vehicles to define technology opportunities that are directly linked to business needs and to prepare Technology Sourcing Strategies that will define the optimum commercial approach to the market with greatest chance of successful deployment and maximizing value for Shell.
In Brazil, Shell is obliged to invest 1% of gross production revenue on Research & Development (the levy), circa 50% of this amount in partnership with universities and research institutions accredited by the regulator (ANP), 50% internally or in partnership with Brazilian companies. The projects shall be developed by people/companies sitting in Brazil, with application of results in Brazil, complying with a complex regulation for the R&D spend. Therefore, the levy is a key factor to be addressed when contracting R&D projects; its risk management and assurance process, and compliance cannot be overlooked; and its advocacy is key for simplification and more effective investment of these resources in R&D. Current technology challenges to be addressed in Brazil span Deepwater and Wells, Carbonate IOR, Geoscience, CO2 Abatement and Long Range Research.
This role is part of a consolidation effort in Brazil to aggregate Commercial/C&P activities in support of R&D, which are currently carried out by various organizations into CP Technology.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering medium complexity R&D contracts with Brazilian and International partners, end-to-end, supporting the development of commercial and negotiation strategies, the negotiation itself, contract execution, and Post Award Contract Management activities in line with CMCP requirements while maximizing levy compliance and the commercial POS Leads.
- Supports levy compliance and its risk management through commercial strategy framing, negotiation, and execution support.
- Supports the Technical Team in development of commercialization plans.
- Contributes to the development of best practices for Innovation management.
- Disseminates knowledge to rest of Technology organization in relation to lessons learned with respect to ideal structure of projects.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on the external environment (incl. change in laws & regulation) in order to connect and translate impact to optimize commercial arrangements and levy qualification.
- Responsible for compliance with HSSE policies and procedures under any agreements put in place.
- Continuous improvement of work process for simplification.
- Interface with internal stakeholders such as local Technology GM, Project and Technology organization, Legal & Finance, Commercial Delivery Managers and the wider C&P Community.
- Interface with external stakeholders such as Vendors, Universities, Research Institutes, IOCs and local government agencies.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through RaÃzen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Legal authorization to work in Brazil without sponsorship.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in (one or more) contracting and procurement, contract drafting/negotiation, deal making and delivery, outsourcing, technology management/collaboration & commercialization, business development, and supply chain management.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English.
- Good knowledge in Project Management.
- An ability to build effective working relationships and communicate at all levels of the organization, including at senior levels in the business and across C&P.
- Good knowledge in Intellectual Property is desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the Brazilian regulation for Research & Development in Oil and Gas is desirable.
- Strong understanding, demonstrated competence and experience of working within the International and Brazilian R&D landscape is desirable.
- Understands Risks associated with Universities and Vendors.
- Deadline driven and understand the key levers for levy delivery.
- Executive presence required vis-Ã -vis senior representatives of partner companies, such as suppliers/contractors, entrepreneurs, start-up CEOs, co-investors, corporate partners and research institutes.
- Be honest and explicit about risks and opportunities associated with new technology opportunities.
- Build reputation as a trusted commercial advisor to key internal stakeholders in the Technology Platforms, the Business and Project teams.
- Mentor and coach team members in C&P & wider Technology teams in their development. Help them become better deal leads.
- Business Extensive experience across the Business Supply Chain, both at a local and global level, although could have been gained within non-CP roles.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video