Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Engineering & Technical Svcs Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Provide coordination and administrative support to all aspects of Upgrade & Repair Projects group by interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and administer the project execution pool to meet the needs of upcoming and current projects including maintaining updated forecast of actual headcount and future requirements.
- Coordinate and administer roster of personnel assignments per project.
- Coordinate and administer the extended assignment policy for project staff inclusive of verifying accrual of earned days off and compensation reported by Project Administrators
- Assist with quality reviews of documentation generated by planning team and filing of same in appropriate websites
- Assist in coordinating Stage Gate calendar and meeting invitations.
- Assist in coordinating departmental project financial review meetings
- Interface within the department, other departments, regions, vendors, 3rd parties, contractors as required to fulfill the duties.
- Support Project group initiatives through task monitoring, update reporting and dashboards.
- Coordinate meetings, reserve conference rooms and send Outlook Meeting Notifications.
- Create Project group presentations and dashboard reports as required by departmental function.
- Administer departmental KPI process and reporting tools
- Administer departmental intranet sites and maintain regular content updates.
- Assist senior managers to issue reports and perform quality checks on same
- Coordinate engagement/rollout/training initiatives developed in the Projects group.
- Coordinate and administer Projects procedures and processes documentation.
- Cross-train and provide back-up assistance for Project Administrators
- Assist department staff with registration in various training courses and professional seminars.
- Assist department staff with travel bookings as necessary in accordance with the Company travel policy.
- University degree and/or equivalent experience and training in project administration, accounting or human resources.
- Extensive worldwide general business experience, which includes preferably minimum 5 years in project administration, accounting, or human resources.
- Significant PC skills with extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Adobe, Ofice365, Sharepoint, MS Project, dashboards and reporting systems. Ability to learn quickly how to use new software
- Excellent grammar, spelling, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Precise and well organized in their work.
- Technical writing skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Works well with people of other cultures.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to interact effectively with personnel at upper levels within the organization.
- Extremely well organized with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Accustomed to handling highly confidential information
- Strength in identifying and setting priorities
- Ability to learn new information quickly and respond to changing conditions
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Self motivated and is expected to exercise good judgment and initiative
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.