Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alvin, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Wood is currently recruiting Instrument Technician for our fast paced Chocolate Bayou cogeneration project located in Alvin, TX. You will inspect, test, adjust, and repair electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems utilized by production and manufacturing equipment to ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality. Five years and above documented field experience as Instrument Technician with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work acitivities independently. TWIC is required. Project is scheduled 5/10s. Additional work hours may be required. Approximate duration is 2 months.
Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy. Apply shop mathematics to solve problems. Plan work and select proper tools. Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects. Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings. Make decisions based on measurable criteria. Work at heights without fear.
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Inspects meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
2. Tests accuracy of flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, radiation counters or detectors, and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system, using test equipment, such as pressure gauges, mercury manometers, potentiometers, pulse and signal generators, oscilloscopes, transistor curve tracers, and ammeters, voltmeters, and watt-meters.
3. Traces out and tests electronic solid state and vacuum tube circuitry and components to locate defective parts in analog and digital, protection, or radiation monitoring systems, using test equipment, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
4. Removes defective instruments from system, decontaminates, disassembles, and cleans instruments, and replaces defective parts, using hand tools.
5. Reassembles instruments and replaces instruments in system, using hand tools.
6. Lubricates instruments and replaces defective wiring and tubing.
7. Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
8. Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
9. Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments.
10. Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
11. Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
12. Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
13. Be motivated and work safely and productively.
14. Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
U.S. only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.