Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Senior Buyer position will work with Procurement and Operations to plan and execute a procurement strategy for the Petroleum Services business. This position must have an in-depth knowledge of the basic purchasing functions and can apply this knowledge, when reviewing demands or requisitions, thus finding the best opportunity for the Company with respect to quality, delivery, and cost. Strategic sourcing and contract negotiations will be required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job duties/responsibilities for the Senior Buyer include gathering/tracking equipment, supplies, and usage data, analyzing and projecting needs, generating quotations and issuing purchase orders for the procurement of goods and services. The Senior Buyer must be familiar with all basic purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures and is expected to suggest and execute more advanced procurement ideas. Additionally, the Senior Buyer is responsible for building strategic supplier relationships in day-to-day procurement responsibilities.
- Responsible for supporting and implementing procurement strategies in support of business objectives.
- Works with cross functional teams to identify critical products and services, prepare sourcing plans, and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Strategically sources goods and services and negotiates favorable contracts with vendors.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of internal customer requests for supplies/materials/equipment, as well as advanced analysis of demand. Evaluates past needs/requirements in order to practice effective Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Demonstrates the ability to manage inventory levels by analyzing demand and putting together solutions with the supply chain for consignment and/or Just-in-Time deliveries.
- Demonstrates above average ability, based upon items or services needed, in competitive bid specification(s) and works to obtain a favorable position with respect to commercial and contractual terms for inventory and/or expense item purchases.
- Maintains quality control and safety objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Ensures that the Company's purchases are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and complies with Company purchasing guidelines/approval authority.
- Resolves invoice, shipping, and non-conforming parts discrepancies.
- Develops creative approaches to drive cost reductions, while supporting a Total Cost of Ownership approach.
- Monitors and reports on supplier performance (e.g., quality, delivery).
- May manage and train other procurement personnel in day-to-day procurement activity.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum 7 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment required. Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering preferred. Minimum 10 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment required without a Bachelor's degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand the Company's supply demands and needs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret cost drivers when developing cost savings strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building strong relationships with internal clients as well as suppliers.
- Ability to convey complex issues in simple terms to all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve challenging objectives with limited supervision in a "team first" environment.
- Results oriented professional capable of implementing change.
- Experience with Oracle and MRP reporting is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position resides within a normal office working environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.