Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Oracle/SQL Application Database Administrator (Direct Hire Contractor) located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through March 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
- Provide Application database support for Downstram IT ops within Downstream IT. Our portfolio of applications includes Maximo, Meridium and Turnaround Cost Control (TACC) for Chevron Refining and Merdium for Chevron Oronite. We support both Oracle/Linux and SQL Server/Windows OS.
- The position will also support application database in retail which include PMM, CBP, IDR and Insight database.
- This position will work as DBA and help our team keep all Oracle and SQL Databases across different locations up and running including helping with data transfer jobs and interfaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Oracle Database experience as Application DBA; having a good background with Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Must have Oracle 10g/11g/12c and MS SQL Server Database Administration experience plus Windows and Unix/Linux experience
- Information Systems Support experience (5+ years supporting database and large applications).
- Experience relevant to an Application DBA i.e. performance tuning, ETL's, reporting, analytics, troubleshooting database incidents and problems with application support/application developer; using different performance tuning tools;
- Hands-on experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager, DB cloning, commissioning, migrations, Database Upgrades, Database Refreshes, Database performance and SQL performance tuning.
- Expertise in Recovery and Oracle backup Utilities like data pump or RMAN.
- Implements changes on database structures such as database tables, views and stored procedures, packages and scheduled jobs etc.
- Analyze SQL queries for performance improvement opportunities.
- Must be flexible, self-directed and capable of working with minimal supervision; display a high degree of ownership.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to troubleshoot incidents and problems.
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and facilitation skills with solid ability to convey technical information to a diverse audience (business analysts, technical analysts, managers, etc.)
- Must be willing on occasion to adjust working hours to meet with individuals in other global locations.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.