Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Binhai Xinqu, Tianjin Shi, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HES Engineer located in Binhai Office , Tianjin /China ,
Assist HES Specialist in OE and HES efforts for China Supply Chain, focus in the working with various local government concerned in monitoring and implementing processes to ensure Tianjin plant operations are in full compliance with the applicable legislations and Safety standards as well as Chevron OE expectations.
• Responsible for preparing and leading the inspections (scheduled or without advanced notice) as conducted by the Work Safety Supervision Bureau, Fire Bureau, Environmental Protection Agency, and other local government departments, and to follow up the rectification efforts based on the findings
• Attend the training/meeting hosted by government to be familiar with most updated regulations
• Collect, analysis and provide information and data as required by regulations to various government websites information
• Monitor the specified on-job training provided by certified 3rd parties for some special job positions as required by regulations, such as first aider, forklift truck drivers, electrician and firefighting control system operators etc.
Lead HES managed related activities as assigned by HES Specialists and plant management
• Adopts China Safety Works standards into China SC operations, and at the same time, ensure these standards and procedures are in compatible with Chevron own inhouse OE standards and requirements.
• Monitor supplier performance and to conduct the mandatory inspection and waste disposal per local regulations.
• Execute Waste Management in full compliance with Chinese waste disposal regulations.
• Conduct safety inspection to existing and potential suppliers/contractors (As part of P2P requirements) to ensure they are in compliance with the local regulations and fulfill Chevron expectations in contractor safety managements.
• Conduct safety training to new personnel working in the plant (Chevron employee, FTC and contractors working in plant), as well as refresher training for existing personnel.
• Conduct routine safety inspection in the plant and also WIP inspection on jobs being carried out in the plant as part of Work Permits system.
• Prepare and conduction annual OE Level I internal audit
Others tasks assigned by Supervisor
- 2 years or more experience in HES. Experience in lubricant plant is preferred
- Bachelor degree or above. Majors in law, environment, etc. are preferred
- Good communication skill
- Perfect Written /Oral English
- Teamwork spirit
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.