Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Coating Analyst located in Pascagoula, MS Mississippi/United States through (March 13, 2019) at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Fixed Equipment Integrity Coating Analyst (with future expectations to provide inspection and consultation on refractory and insulation) located in Pascagoula, MS.
The successful candidate will be NACE Level III Certified and will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive coating, insulation, refractory and fire proofing inspection program as a member of the Fixed Equipment Integrity Technical Team. The Fixed Equipment Integrity Coating Analyst provides technical and inspection expertise to the Fixed Equipment Integrity group, Maintenance and Engineering.
- Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to Engineering for the design and selection of coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing systems.
- Provide technical support to field coating inspectors, especially related to troubleshooting application issues.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform required internal and external compliance inspections for tanks, vessels, columns, and piping at jurisdictional mandated intervals.
- Conduct coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing field application/performance and failure analysis.
- Evaluation of coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing contractors.
- Monitor coating, insulation and fire proofing applications to ensure quality and reliability, issuing recommendations for repair as needed and documenting results in an electronic database.
- Organize, develop, and execute turnaround coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing inspection test plans.
- Maintain compliance with company policies as well as applicable industry codes and standards to assure safe and reliable operation.
- Identify and solve problems.
- Participate in failure analysis to determine root cause and help develop long-term solutions to prevent repeat failures.
- Strong communication (oral and written) with Fixed Equipment Integrity Inspectors, Operations, Maintenance and Engineering is required.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Meridium, etc.) needed to maintain the Refinery electronic historical databases and move forward initiatives.
- Provide guidance on required coating repairs, replacement and/or upgrades to meet both corporate and industry standards.
- Periodically requires working beyond the 40-hour work week.
- Approximately 15% travel is likely to support other Chevron locations.
- Commitment to Safety - Unwavering commitment to safety and a desire to continually strive to raise the bar and inspire excellence in the safe and incident free operation. This commitment applies equally to assure company and contractor personnel work is done safely.
- Managing Workload - Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time within timelines. Balance changing priorities and maintain a high level of output. Ability to work extended hours and weekends when needed to support refinery operation.
- Job Knowledge - Demonstrate solid knowledge of coating, insulation, refractory and fire proofing applications.
- Communication - Uses clear and concise oral and written skills to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences including outside regulators. Lead and influence people across the refinery.
- Business Systems - High level of competency with the electronic tools used in reliability: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- NACE Level III Certified
- 8-years of refinery or equivalent industrial experience
Preferred qualifications / Training:
- One or more certifications: NBIC, API 510, 570, 653, 936
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Level I or II qualified in UT, MT, PT
- API 580 and/or experience implementing a Risk Based Inspection program
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.