Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Category Manager/Specialist located in Jurong Island, Singapore through March 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manages procurement of Raw materials and services for "Lubricating Oil additives" manufacturing plants in Asia Pacific Region using Chevron procurement processes
- Directly supports operations and management in all matters related to supplier management
- Resolves complex problems related to contract negotiation and administration and issues related to material and/or services
- Supports accounts payable efforts by acting as a consultant on matters related to procurement
- Represents the business unit and operating company on special teams related to procurement and strategic supplier management
- Acts as an expert on matters related to materials and services procurement and management
- Develops negotiating strategy with input from internal stakeholders; acts as key commercial expert during negotiations; acts as primary business unit (BU) or operating company contact for target suppliers
- Negotiates leveraged contracts (Master Goods and Services Agreements, Alliances, Improved Supplier Relationships) within designated limits of authority for strategic commodities and services
- Manages supplier portfolios, price and spend using SAP, Ariba and other Chevron IT systems
- Ensures assigned contracts are in compliance with all company, industry and regulatory mandates
- Manages existing Sourcing Agreements for compliance, improvements, modifications or renewal; monitors utilization of category-related agreements and reports cost savings on regular basis; sets annual contractual cost saving targets and reports actual results
- Proactively identifies and establishes continuous improvement targets and total reduction opportunities in close cooperation with preferred suppliers
- Conducts periodic supplier performance reviews, addressing both performance metrics and continuous improvement activities
- Acts as internal change agent through fact and knowledge-based influencing
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Business
- Proficiency in Petrochemical Industry market dynamics
- 3 to 7 years of related work experience
- Proven business and commercial acumen, including negotiation skills and measuring/managing supplier performance
- Demonstrated ability to work in and lead teams to build consensus and resolve issues; proactive communicator who establishes a good customer network and stakeholder relationships
- A self-starter able to manage multiple tasks in a high demand environment
- Proficiency in procurement IT systems, MS Office, Power BI
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.