Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- The senior process automation lead (MAC Lead) will be responsible for delivery of the Process Automation (PA) Systems for a very large new greenfield refining and chemicals complex.
- The MAC Lead will also coordinate with the Procurement Manager and the various project functions and stakeholders to lead the development of the MAC agreements.
- During the FEED phase, the MAC Lead will drive the development and issue of the MAC RFP, the selection of the MAC and the development of MAC system standards as part of a MAC FEED.
- During the execution phase, the MAC Lead will work with the EPC's and MAC(s) to ensure the delivery of the PA Systems meets the budget, schedule and quality requirements of the MAC Agreement.
- The MAC Lead will lead the development of, or personally prepare, manpower plans, budgets, program schedules & estimates and economic analyses.
- The MAC Lead shall be a senior professional with a minimum of 15 years experience in the Process Automation field, preferably in the Petrochemicals industry.
- The candidate shall have experience working on major capital projects as part of the contractor or owner team, on projects where a Main Automation Contractor (MAC) was employed to deliver the Process Automation Systems.
- Candidates should have direct working experience in the development of an ITB, MAC Agreements, bidder evaluation and selection for PA Systems and a MAC.
- The role requires a broad knowledge of both technical and execution aspects of the function.
- Hands-On working experience as a PA or Control Systems Engineer on the systems of several major PA Systems manufacturers is preferred.
- Project/Program management experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or closely related technical field of study required; B.S in Electrical, Chemical, or Systems Engineering preferred.
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.