Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Supports the Asset Integrity Supervisor, conduct periodic surveys and coordinate various welding / fabrication activities in the plant and plant related equipment's. To ensure that plant and equipment is certified in accordance with Chevron codes of practice, strategies and legislation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- NDT inspection using Ultrasonic / Radiography / Magnetic Particle / Liquid or Dye Penetrant Techniques based on client / Site requirements.
- Visual Inspection
- Prepare and present inspection reports.
- Use of Rope Access wherever necessary.
- Mentoring and coaching of host country nationals
- Supervising of new or trainee technicians while carrying out site work activities
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Actively participate in safety meetings and tool box talks as required by company and client.
Ensure that Radiation Safety procedures are adhered to at all times and that required documentation is kept updated.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - RT - level 2 - Radiographic Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - UT - level 2 - Ultrasonic Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - MT - level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - PT - level 2 - Dye/Liquid Penetrant Testing
NOTE: Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certificate and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position
- IRATA Level 1 or 2 - Rope Access
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - ET - level 2 - Eddy Current Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - VT - level 2 - Visual Inspection
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years' experience in corrosion monitoring / mapping
- Minimum 5 years' experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 5 years' experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry utilizing Rope Access
- Radiographic Interpretation and UT TKY are a plus
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suits
- Gives and receives constructive feedback while coaching and mentoring activities
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within the work group
This position is considered SITE / INDOORS which is characterized as follows:
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants and chemicals
- Requires working with radiation
- Requires working at heights
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward body positions
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 25kg
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 20kg
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported