Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
LT Environmental, Inc. (LTE) is experiencing exciting growth and we are expanding our services in the Houston, TX area. We are looking for a project level environmental consultant to assist with leading this effort. This position will allow you to apply your technical skills, have the freedom to affect change, develop staff, and establish and grow a new office.
We are seeking a consultative professional who is passionate, energetic, has a proven record of managing projects on time and on budget and can help grow LTE's market position (targeted industries: real estate, manufacturing, oil and gas, federal government). To be successful in this role, this person must have the ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment, develop staff to successfully carry out project scope in a high-quality manner, and implement strategic growth plans under direction of the Vice President Regional Offices. This person is a great communicator who is able to delight our clients, who is passionate about solving client's problems, enjoys working with a talented team, and has strong ethics. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid- to senior-level professional looking for autonomy and a chance to advance their career to the next level.
If you have the background and drive we are looking for, we want to talk with you!
Essential Job Functions
• Establish new LTE office and assume Office Manager duties and responsibilities in Houston, Texas.
• Align with LTE Values, Mission, and Strategy.
• Create a culture of collaboration with LTE's Client Solutions Group, Engineers, Geologists, Environmental Scientists and Client Managers for work in the region.
• Manage day-to-day operations of a regional office, including business development, administrative tasks, logistics, and personnel management.
• Create an environment that attracts and retains talented technical staff. Set clear expectations, give feedback and develop team members.
• Manage and complete projects such as plan, direct, and oversee the successful and safe delivery of work scope, schedule, budgets, and client expectations for environmental projects. Some fieldwork will be expected, especially during the office start-up phase.
• Manage and perform site assessment activities, such as remediation system installation and O&M, data management, monitoring wells, groundwater/soil/surface water sampling & monitoring, conduct utility locates, excavation oversight and sampling, USCS soil boring logs, Phase I and II environmental assessments, spill/leak response, environmental due diligence, and report preparation.
• Develop technical reports, proposals, health and safety plans, cost estimates, and budgets. Also, serve as primary author on scientific and regulatory reports.
Perform general project management, office management, implementation of the corporate health and safety program, company vehicle and field equipment maintenance, and attending local meetings with active and prospective clients.
• Cultivate and maintain professional memberships in relevant associations and industry involvement, attends conferences and networking events.
• Communicate with regulatory authorities on behalf of clients.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or related discipline. Current OSHA HAZWOPER, preferred. Professional certifications preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of proven experience in environmental consulting or applicable work experience in interpreting and implementing local, state, and federal regulatory jurisdictions and regulations for environmental assessment and remediation projects.
• Strong project management skills, people management skills, and time management skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills. Must have the ability to effectively communicate technical issues (written and oral). Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment using a positive professional attitude.
• Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements.
• Ability to work independently to develop approaches to solutions and obtain management approval for implementation.
• Entrepreneurial interests, innovative, self-motivated and dynamic personality, high energy level, "Go-Getter".
• Personnel management experience.
• Proven relationships with state and local regulators.
• Have a valid driver's license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.