Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Rigger Instructor contract position, location in Aberdeen
Delivery of high quality training to course delegates through demonstration, coaching and assessment to meet required standards.
- Delivery of standard, endorsed, accredited, approved and bespoke training course material to delegates/ clients to industry standards such as OPITO, RTITB, HSE, ECITB, NPORS, MCA and RYA
- Coach and assess delegates/clients during training sessions against relevant standards to ensure they meet the required learning objectives, addressing any learning gaps
- Ensure delivery of training courses are comprehensive, consistently meeting the specified lesson plans against the scheduled timetable
- Ensure all training material is prepared in advance for delegates as well as classrooms being fit for purpose i.e. general tidiness and layout
- Ensure administration procedures are followed from enrolment to certification
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the design of training courses and where appropriate support process of modifying training material
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current health & safety legislation relevant to course delivery and industry standards
- Proactively undertake any personal development required for the role on an adhoc basis as well as any requirements identified in the competence matrix
Quality, Health, Safety and Security
- Has the authority to stop all operational activities in the event of safety risks;
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with clients Incident Policy.
- To ensure own safety and the safety of all others who are under the care of clients Safety Services.
- To comply with all policies and procedures to protect the health, safety and welfare of anyone affected by client's business.
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately.
- To attend all Mandatory Training with regard to fire, health and safety, manual handling and quality procedures.
- To undertake training to meet the requirements of the role.
- To behave in a manner that respects the differing needs and cultures of the staff.
- To actively participate in an Annual Appraisal and provide evidence to demonstrate achievements towards the 2 Way Deal Assessment.
- To demonstrate the client's values and non-negotiable behaviours in delivering a quality service to both internal and external customers.
- To identify your development needs within the Annual Appraisal to ensure that any CPD requirements are achieved and demonstrated in practice.
Qualifications/ Training Required
- Assessor qualifications; teaching/ training qualification; Successful completion of qualifications as advised in training matrix.
- Depending upon the role there may be specific qualifications required in order to perform the role such as: Crane instructors will be required to hold a current Offshore Stage 3 Crane certificate.
- Moving Load Instructors and Rigging instructors will be required to hold industry competence/ certification
Experience / Knowledge Required
Dependant upon the role specific knowledge or experience may be required in one or all of the following areas onshore construction, onshore/ offshore oil & gas industry and/or training and learning environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to become competent in the theories and practical elements for course delivery; Experience of mentoring and supervising a team / individuals in operational role; Ability to use IT systems e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Regularly required to stand, sometimes required to work in inclement weather.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Contributes to profits and revenue.
Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organisational values
Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work.