Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our Client, a leading independent Exploration and Production Company with Oil and Gas interests in the North Sea as well as globally, are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst for a contract position in the UK. The role and its responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:-
- A robust and proven track record is required within a Financial Analyst position, preferably having knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry, is preferred from the Client.
- The successful incumbent shall provide financial and management accounting to the Client relevant to a portfolio of upstream E&P assets in the UKCS.
- Applications are invited from candidates experienced in the the preparation and delivery of various forms of reporting associated with the Client's financial and non-financial performance.
- The role will involve monthly management reporting and annual budget preparation.
- Experienced in cash flow forecasting for the preparation of funding requests to the Client's Head office will be an essential requirement.
- Candidates considering applying for this position will be expected to ensure compliance with IFRS/Group Accounting policies.
- The successful candidate will assume general accounting requirements and assist in liaising with external Auditors.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the annual budget process for reporting to senior Finance personnel including Management.
- Monitoring of budgetary compliance will be expected to ensure appropriate funding is in place to support operations.
- The responsibilities for this role will include liaising with external Auditors at half year and full year audits and general finance processes as required to include banking and tax support.
- Skills and experience required from the Client include the understanding of Oil and Gas specific accounting policies and standards.
- Applications are invited from candidates qualified to ICAS, ACCA or ICAEW trained and with a robust understanding of IFRS application
- The successful candidate will have financial accounting / statutory reporting experience, preferably within a mid-tier to larger sized organisation.
- Experienced in SunSytems accounting system, IBM TM1 enterprise planning and IBM Maximo asset management would be highly advantageous when considering this vacancy.
- Professional exam qualified preferably CA / ACA / ACCA but CIMA considered.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team, both within the Finance function as within the cross-functional asset team.
- High degree of numeracy and ability to work to tight deadlines at key reporting periods.
- Ability to relay information to senior management and London Head Office as required.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK need apply.
Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.