Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job DescriptionProvides HFE support to ORM and non-ORM capital projects + support to HPOs as HFE SMEEngage and collaborate with senior businesses and technical leaders to adopt and implement Human Factors principles to improve human performance and organisational reliabilityCollaborate with industry bodies (e.g. Energy Institute, IOGP) and regulators to develop human factors competence in the region.A BSc/MSc specializing in Human Factors, Ergonomics and/or relevant Behavioural Science ORSatisfies professional certification requirements of recognised professional bodies, such as:Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF)USA Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (CPE/ CHFP)Register of Professional Certified Ergonomists (Australia)10 years experience in Human Factors, preferably in the oil and gas or other safety critical industry
The position is required to lead and deliver Human Factors technical support to Shell Businesses and Projects in the Asia Pacific region. It forms part of a specialist global team supporting implementation of Shell Group policy and requirements in the areas of Human Factors Engineering in Capital Projects (HFE), Fatigue Risk Management, Managing Human Reliability and a range of related technical areas.
1. Deliver high quality technical guidance and leadership in Human Factors.
2. Act as technical authority (TA) to capital projects
3. Manage strategic implementation of HF principles in capital projects and operational assets in the AP region, contributing to risk reduction and business improvement
4. Deliver training and assist in supporting and mentoring HFE Coordinators
5. Managing and providing quality assurance of deliverables from external HF specialist contractors.
6. Liaise, assist and advise other Health professionals in supporting compliance with group standards on HFE, Fatigue, Office Ergonomics and other relevant HF risk areas.
7. Advise global HF lead on changes and improvements to HF policy, standards, tools and processes to improve quality input and value of HF implementation in Shell.
8. Provide targeted improvement strategies to improve human performance of businesses and assets
9. Work with external technical groups to develop the region's petrochemical industry knowledge and competency in human factors
10. Contribute to the authorship and development of Shell DEPs, and collaborating with technical leads from other members of international bodies to develop and publish industry standards and guidance.
Dimensions1.Supports Global Discipline lead for HF and interfaces with other HSSE disciplines
2.1 direct report - Regional HF Professional
3.Interacts with engineering contractors and other external suppliers involved in delivering HF to Shell.
4.Interacts with project engineering community including technical safety and operations in all Shell businesses.
5.Provision of HF/E services (e.g. onsite assessments, training) across all Shell Businesses and JVs/NOVs in Asia Pacific region
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.