The purpose of this role is to manage risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of VaR, stress testing, and scenario analysis. This role will also identify, develop, and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for the risk books. This role is to primarily support the East Crude Trading business but will also provide global coverage and support for the North America desks managed out of Houston and Europe, East and Derivatives desks managed out of London. This role will also serve as a key onshore focal point for risk control activities around the global crude trading business.Company Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering
- Strong understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls
- Advanced grasp of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, mark to market, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, and financial analysis
- Strong business analysis skills, modeling capabilities, research and problem-solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented
- Systems knowledge on Endur trading system will be an advantage
- Capable of being independent from front office to objectively analyze and report risks and exposures
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results oriented
- Team player, good interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge commercial team members
- Reliable and dependable
- Innovative and creative, excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Continuous improvement mindset, utilizing tools to streamline and automate desk
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline
- Substantial experience within a trading and risk management organization, including an advanced understanding of the global crude oil markets (physical & financial).
- Experience with an energy trading risk management system and ability to fully leverage its functionality.
- Introduce & implement industry best practices in commodity trading risk management.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.