Newark, Delaware, United States
Newark, Delaware, United States
Skills: Business Development, Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Strong Base Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + 401K + Pension
Location: Newark, Delaware, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our partner is a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion. With a global team of approximately 2000 employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. Relying on manufacturing plants housed in North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oil refinery, fuel specialty, oilfield and personal care markets.
Our partner's Fuel Specialties business is a market leader in additives for diesel, gasoline, HFO and jet fuel. Located in Newark, Delaware (Greater Philadelphia Area) we are seeking an industry experienced Terminal Additives Technical Director for Fuel Specialties to join our team. Part of a small fuel focused research and technology group, this senior level technical position is housed within the Fuel Specialties Americas business. This critical role will develop and lead programs to address industry, customer and sales initiatives for all terminal additive products manufactured by our partner. Further, this position will help develop programs that drive the need for new technologies leading to the commercialization of new products in market.
A newly created position we see this role acting as a conduit between our chemists, our customers and our industry at large. As such, your previous experience in the chemical industry with 10+ years supporting terminal operations, fuel distribution and engine performance; coupled with your experience in fuel additives including product development, technical output (patents, publications, industry presentations, etc.) & research will be both appreciated and valued. An analytical thinker, possessing strong problem solving capabilities, high attention to detail and a desire to work in partnership with our customers and sales teams; you will lead projects, mentor junior employees (Application Chemists) and liaise with senior management to support current products and commercialize new ones.
This is a career game changer - where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers
- Manage Terminal Fuel additives products and technology
- Develop and lead programs as directed by technical management to address industry, customer and sales / business initiatives.
- Responsible for planning and delivering agreed research program
- Develop Project Plans (Work Requests, Technical Requests)
- Manage projects in line with Plan to meet Milestones & Deliverable
- Undertake experimental laboratory work to achieve milestones and deliverables of project
- Commercialize new products resulting from associated programs
- Customer visits to support sales force and enhance presence within existing and capture new customers to increase sales of terminal fuel additives.
- Remotely manage service function / personal at various sites
- Some industry and OEM liaison responsibility
Reporting to Americas CTS Lead
- Monthly project reviews/ Technical Call reports
- Mentoring individuals supporting the product lines and programs
- Develop objectives, and carry out performance reviews of support staff
- Significant experience in chemical industry (10+ years), with fuel industry experience preferred
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (preferred)
- Experience in terminal fuel additives or related product areas
- Excellent communication skills, oral written and presentation
- Good management and interpersonal skills
- Previous successful project management experience where you have led teams to deadline
- The ability to participate in an interdisciplinary team and desire to mentor/ develop junior staff
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
- Highly competitive base salary and performance bonus
- Excellent benefits with unmatched medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Lovely 401(k) program with company match, pension