- HSSE resources (to 'partner' with Deepwater Water Sabah Maintenance Engineering) for HSSE delivery of DW Sabah Maintenance Engineering activities.
- Provide HSSE "Coaching, Challenge" & support to DW Sabah Maintenance Engineering teams.
- Enable assets & legal entities HSSE license to operate
- Daily functional supervision driving continuous improvement toward top quartile Group HSSE performance
- Delivery of Goal Zero (NO HARM NO LEAKS) through close liaisons with the line Leadership Team & Line HSE advisors providing steer, coaching, support & challenge
- Delivery of HSSE assurance & audits
- Delivery of HSSE to meet business objectives.
- Provides independent field assessment on the effectiveness of HSSE Controls on worksites.
- Key Business Process:
- Contract HSSE Management (Mode & Risk Categorization, Tender Evaluation (Green Banding), Contract Kick-Off, Contract Management, Contract Close-out, Senior Leadership Engagement, Quarterly Contract HSE Plan Review, & Contract Business Performance Review) for Sabah Maintenance Engineering teams.
- Resources Pre-mobilization Inspection & Induction.
- Risk Assessment, Hazard Identification (HAZID), Risk Register, Risk Visual, Permit to Work (PTW), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Accident Control Technique (ACT).
- Drive & monitor SMEP HSSE Plan & align with the line of supports & Contractor HSSE Plans.
- HSE Assurance Audit for SIMOPS/Turn Around (TA)/ Work barges Campaign.
Specific Tasks & Targets:
- Works directly with Sabah Maintenance Engineering teams & HSSE Advisor - Construction & Execution in DW Sabah Maintenance Execution team to set HSSE performance expectations, monitor business/asset HSE performance & address improvement opportunities.
- Ensures proper HSSE improvement strategies, systems, policies, standards, & tools are in place & functioning to 'raise the game' in maintenance execution activities (a high-risk operation).
- Delivers HSSE support; coordinating resources & efforts with HSSE counterparts including Emergency Management
- Leverages & promote best practice sharing & LFI (learning from the incident) across DW Sabah Maintenance Engineering.
- HSSE resources in guiding contracted site supervisors/safety coaches.
- Works as a Focal point in a number of HSSE Management System items &/or Global Processes - e.g. Shell Group HSSE & Social Performance (SP) Control Framework Manuals, Construction Site Safety Standards (CSSS) & Behavioural Safety Program (e.g. Hearts & Minds, Reflective Learning, Proactive Intervention Culture, etc.).
- Provide HSSE advise/support & closely collaborate with Contract Management Team (Contract Holders, Nominated Deputy Contract Representative & Contract Specialist) & Contractor(s) in Contract HSSE Management (Mode & Risk Categorization, Contract HSSE Clauses Review, Tender Evaluation & Green Banding Assessment, Contract Kick-Off, Contract Management, Contract Close-out, Senior Leadership Engagement, Quarterly Contract HSSE Plan Review, & Contract Business Performance Review).
- Provide independent assessment of site effectiveness of Safety (e.g. Permit to Work) & Environmental (e.g. emission limits) Controls & compliance to License-to-Operate requirements (e.g. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) conditions).
- Support or participate in incident investigation process (including incident investigation tools application, such as Tripod Beta Analysis, Causal Learning or Root Cause Analysis) & verify the implementation of recommendations by line management & analyze, interpret & implement data for improved HSSE performance.
- Provide support in Fountain Incident Management (FIM) to ensure FIM data quality compliance.
- Plan & execute DW Sabah Maintenance Engineering visits programme e.g. Site Inspection Visit (SIV), Management Facility Visit (MFV) & Senior Leadership Engagement (SLE).
- Support, participate & provide input as needed into HSSE Reviews.
- Worksite & coaching 50% of the time.
- SME for Working at Heights & H2S.
- This position requires a passionate (i.e. that Goal Zero is possible) & resourceful HSE professional, effectively working with different stakeholders in SMEP & Upstream.
- Good coaching & integration skills across disciplines as well as an appreciation of cultural diversity & open/receptive to new ways of working.
- The incumbent will perform as a key facilitator to monitor compliance towards HSSE policies & standards/procedures as well as to steer towards continuous HSSE (primarily safety & environment delivery) performance improvement in DW Sabah Maintenance Engineering.
- Special challenges in motivating & aligning contractors & subcontractors (management & workers) who typically have low HSSE culture.
- Ability to form an effective partnership with line staff & managers in delivering a dual role of providing HSE advise/support as well as performing the independent corporate conscience/governance role on HSSE.
- Have the confidence (as part of 'challenge') to intervene unsafe act/condition & stop work as well as to be firm with HSSE compliance whilst maintaining 'partnership' (as part of 'support') with the Line to help resolve (& not only identify) short-comings.
- Develop personal leadership & HSSE skills to deputise for HSSE TL role.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
Having experience & knowledge in the following areas:
- Maintenance of Engineering & Infrastructure Services
- Experience within the HSE requirements of Contractor Management.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Experience & knowledge of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001 Management Systems.
- Membership of recognised professional body DOSH
- Proven ability to manage performance, competence, HSE plan of contractors & employees.
- Proven ability to engage, manage change & deploy HSE Improvement tools & initiatives across the organization.
- Key Competencies include interpersonal (relationship, networking), influencing & negotiating skills.
- Good understanding of the rules, Practices & regulations in Malaysia.
- Preferably candidates who have the right to work in Sabah
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.