Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $75000 - $85000 per annum, Benefits: Full benefits package
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our Client delivers full EPC management solutions to the Oil & Gas industry and focus on Midstream and Transmission markets. They operate in a very fast-paced business with a great culture and flexible working environment. Through continued growth, expansion and project wins, they have an excellent opportunity for a Civil Structural Engineer II to join its thriving Houston office.
- Contributes to the preparation of complete design packages for multi-discipline projects that meet project goals, under the supervision of a Senior Engineer
- Prepares calculations and performs detailed analysis
- Review design drawings, and incorporate basic design corrections
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Prepares written documents such as specifications, reports, etc.
- Contacts clients and/or vendors accordingly to obtain information or resolve design issues
- Be alert to safety hazards in the field
- Industries served include gas plants, compressor stations, meter stations, pump stations, transmission sites, truck loading facilities, etc.
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking and communication skills
- Good mathematical, analytical, written and verbal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Project and budget management skills
- General knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Course emphasis in Structural Engineering is preferred) from an ABET accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Engineer In Training, in pursuit of Licensed Professional Engineer registration
- Committed to continuing education and self-development
- Knowledgeable in structural steel, reinforced concrete and foundation design for buildings, equipment platforms, pipe racks/supports and miscellaneous structures
- Knowledgeable of ACI 318, AISC, ASCE 7 codes and/or PIP standards
- Professional presence and able to work with clients and vendors to resolve issues
- Successful working in multi-discipline team environment
- Knowledgeable with structural engineering software such as RISA, RAM, STAAD, Dimensional Solutions, etc.
- Experience working in a 3D project environment
Interested candidates must be authorized to work legally in the U.S.A.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.