NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Shop Technician for oilfield equipment for Completions in Clairmont, AB. This is a 6-12 month contract and the individual would need to be local to the area as no LOA/relocation is provided. Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintains, tests and assembles product / tools / sub-assemblies
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures for operations.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices.
- Complete tool inspections in accordance with engineering drawings.
- Enter data into database and access the necessary maintenance data records to apply conditional based maintenance routines and to enable problem / equipment failure investigations.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience working within a team in a shop based or manufacturing based environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- 1+ years oilfield maintenance/tool build related experience
- Forklift driving experience a plus
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.