Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene.?The petrochemical complex will consist of a world-scale Ethane Cracker Unit (ECU), multiple polyethylene (PE) units, PE logistics and supporting OSBL (utilities, general facilities, storage, and hydrocarbon logistics). The FID (Final Investment Decision) was made in Q2 2016 and the project is now in Execute Phase. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
The Site is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Monaca, PA).? Not only are we building a world-class asset, we're building a world-class asset organization.? This position is critical to the mission of team, and this will promise to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.?
The position will report to the Planning and Scheduling Supervisor. The Maintenance Team is within a combined department consisting of: Engineering, Maintenance, Projects and Turnarounds.?
- Create and edit quality maintenance plans in GSAP.
- Take ownership of the maintenance plans and their content. Quality content will mean having the right number of tasks for a job, stated logically, and in the correct order for execution. Additionally, plans will need to have accurate man-hours, equipment needed, parts etc. to ensure realistic and smooth execution of field execution. As jobs are completed, obtain feedback from maintenance to ensure the tasks list is accurate.
- Ensure plan hours are as accurate as possible in the task lists; avoid building extra hours into the plans. Follow up with maintenance to verify man-hours, tasks, and order are accurate.
- Daily review que in GSAP for new work orders. Meet planning backlog goals through efficiency.
- Visit jobsites to estimate the scope of work and manpower requirements to execute the work. Consultation with technical disciplines may be necessary to further define work scopes. Ensure alignment with Contracts and Procurement when preparing to bring vendors onsite to perform work.
- Order materials necessary for job execution.
- Ensure material delivery date meets need date for execution.
- Work with Maintenance Team Leader to ensure proper documentation for shipping equipment offsite is ready and available.
- Review upcoming maintenance plans with the organization to provide adequate planning for operations and maintenance. (business needs, process issues, or special tools may require additional attention)
- Attend pertinent maintenance planning meetings.
- Collaborate with other Maintenance Planners, Schedulers and OMC's during all aspects of the planning, scheduling, and execution work process.
- Assist as necessary with development and optimization of weekly work schedules developed by using scheduling tool.
- Occasional assignment to turnarounds, special projects, and maintenance outages may be required. Train backfill planners as necessary.
- Expected to learn and understand Primavera (scheduling tool) to understand how plans are scheduled. Additionally, planner may be required to backfill for scheduler during absence's and special assignments.
- Provide support to maintenance managers for budget planning. Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by being aware of and supportive of maintenance budget and cost performance expectations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years Electrical and Instrumentation or mechanical maintenance planning experience required.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Execution (ME) work process; particularly, planning, scheduling, and execution of work.
- Skilled in the use of GSAP.
- Skilled in use of MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, MS-Project, or has ability to learn and use these tools.
- Strong electrical and instrumentation, mechanical, or rotating background.
- Able to conduct business conversations and communicate freely and effectively with all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a Team Player. Willingly offer and accept challenge and feedback on job deliverables.
- Self-Starter. Able to perform work with little or no supervisor direction.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values: Values and Respects All People, Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence and Acts for the Greater Whole.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video