Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is recruiting a Mechanical Discipline Manager to join our team in Aberdeen on a permanent basis. This role will manage the UK Integrated Solutions (UKIS) Mechanical and HVAC Department, providing support to all projects.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure the technical accuracy and integrity of the design engineering carried out by the discipline.
- Provide staff resources with appropriate skills for project and business requirements.
- Develop and enhance the discipline through implementation of best practice in areas of people management, systems and business processes.
- Ensure Lead Discipline Engineers and Designers are aware of their Safe and Sustainable Engineering for Asset Lifecycle responsibilities.
- Assist in areas where concerns are raised in relation to the discipline (eg shortage of resources, technical problems, workflows etc).
- Promote and facilitate use of Global Delivery Center for specified discipline activities across all projects.
- Maintain oversight of discipline manhour budgets across UKIS project portfolio, reviewing any areas of over / underspend and adjusting discipline norms accordingly.
- Ensure consistency of discipline activities across all projects through provision of go-bys and technical standards where appropriate.
- Manage discipline input to proposals.
- Oversee and support execution of UKIS Technical Peer Review Schedule for the discipline.
- Approve all staff appointments within the discipline and where appropriate carry out interviews and inductions.
- Undertake staff appraisals of senior discipline staff and approve reviews carried out by subordinates.
- Actively support and develop accredited graduate training schemes (where appropriate) and appoint mentors.
- Make recommendations regarding succession planning and promotions.
- Review staff development needs and co-ordinate training requirements with Learning and Development.
- Undertake salary reviews for permanent and agency staff within the discipline.
- Undertake and / or delegate discipline technical authority role(s).
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Legislation, Codes and Standards.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and implement applicable Legislation, Codes and Standards.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable Client / Project policies and procedures.
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, clients etc.
- Maintain interface with Companywide Mechanical Engineering Networks and Community of Practice
- UK Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Highly experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Highly experienced in the use of codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities
- Highly experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects
- Able to take a lead in motivation, training and ongoing development of subordinates.
- Capable of setting and managing discipline objectives.
- Capable of generating co-operative team based culture within the discipline.
- Knowledge of personnel issues and aspirations of subordinates.
- Technical authority within the discipline as a fully developed, professional engineer with substantial experience and expertise
- Experienced in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Experienced in the supervision and management of several discipline teams assigned to a number of projects within a large sized business