Skills: Directional Driller, Mechanical Engineering, MWD / LWD
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Remote Placement Specialist.
The RWPS is responsible for remote drilling on their assigned rig. When not drilling on their assigned rig they will be responsible for monitoring other wells operations. They will be responsible for early detection of drilling hazards and performing the appropriate warning procedures to prevent failures. Additional to this, the RWPS collects drilling data and sorts out the information for the optimization process. The position will work closely with the Drilling Optimization Engineers, Well Engineers, Drilling Engineers, DD/WNS Coordinators and field operations to gain knowledge of well conditions and share information and report daily activities. The RWPS will work a 12 hour tour for any day of their rotation.
• Must know, understand, and comply with all Operating and Technical Procedures.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Nabors.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within physical constraints of the job.
• Maintain constant communication with field hands. Ensure quality, reliability, and consistency of data being transmitted to RigLine.
• Filter false alarms while monitoring drilling parameters and well trajectory. Ensure that EDR/HMI/cameras and their programs/displays are working properly. Checking accuracy of well plans and ensuring correct well plan is being used.
• Ensure daily reports and paper works are submitted accurately and in a timely manner. Document any operational issues occurring when on tour.
• Maintain daily report of rigs monitored, issues encountered and rig statuses.
• Document operational failures and issues and submit lessons learned to supervisor
• Provide technical support in regards to the following: BHA design, bit selection, drilling parameters and optimization, shock and vibe mitigation, torque and drag, and hydraulics modeling.
• 5-7 Years of industry experience
• 3-4 Years of experience in field operations (Directional Drilling, M/LWD, RSS)
• Extensive knowledge of down hole tools and directional drilling operations
• Must have thorough knowledge of well planning
• Ability to perform hydraulics, torque and drag analysis
• Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred but not required.
• Familiar with BHA analysis software
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently with little supervision or as a team
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Must be able to develop and perform trend analysis on data sets
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to follow a well path and compare with the planned
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.