Skills: Rotating Equipment, Maintenance Technician, Noise & Vibration Control
Other Skills: condition monitoring, vibration analysis
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
John Crane Asset Management Solutions (JCAMS) are currently seeking an experienced Condition Monitoring Engineer to join their Aberdeen team during an exciting period of expansion.
JCAMS is the John Crane Centre of Excellence for Maintenance Consultancy and Condition Monitoring.
The role of the CM Engineer is to develop, operate and manage Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients. The role will involve Condition Monitoring data collection, analysis and reporting.
This particular position will be based in our Aberdeen office and will include site visits both onshore and offshore.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop and operate Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients.
- To continuously improve the effectiveness of condition monitoring programmes, through defined review process in conjunction with the CM team leader.
- To conduct Onshore analysis of routine vibration data.
- To report Vibration and Oil Analysis results and associated corrective maintenance recommendations
- To act as the client interface for the on site delivery of Condition Monitoring services.
- To conduct routine Condition Monitoring surveys at our clients' premises..
- Mentoring of clients in basic Condition Monitoring techniques.
- To conduct periodic on site Pump Performance Testing and onshore Reporting.
- To conduct ad-hoc offshore specialist vibration analysis and equipment troubleshooting (e.g. Balancing, Orbit Analysis).
- Work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
Technical Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Trained to ISO 18436-2 Vibration Analysis Category 2, or equivalent.
- Trained to ISO 18436-4 Lubrication Analysis Category 2, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of rotating machinery in an oil and gas industry environment.
- Well developed aural, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team working environment.
- High level of competence in the application of Condition Monitoring, utilising as a minimum:
- Vibration Monitoring
- Lube Oil Analysis
- Rotating Equipment Performance Testing
- Process Data Logging
- A large emphasis is put on effective reporting and continuous improvement, it will also be necessary to setup and modify the above systems.
- Desirable Specialist skills
- Rotor dynamics analysis (Orbits, Transient Analysis etc)
- In situ Balancing
- Laser Alignment
- Structural Analysis (ODS, Bump testing, Modal Analysis etc)
- Electrical tests (Motor Current Signature Analysis, Partial Discharge tests)
- Acoustic Analysis (Environmental noise, Ultraprobe etc)
- Utilisation of multichannel analysers and online systems