Skills: Well Control
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
This position is open to Brazilian nationals and expatriates who would be willing to be resident in Brazil.
Responsible for the pro-active management of well control equipment maintenance activities in the division and the below operational considerations. Actively supports rig management teams to achieve subsea operational excellence.
- Provides operations support across the division with the ultimate objective to run healthy, reliable BOPs and eliminate all unplanned BOP pulls.
- Ensures pro-active planning of all BOP maintenance activities and provides onboard QA/QC support during IBWM execution periods.
- Manages the well control equipment (WCE) support teams in the division working with the rig management teams in setting priorities and deploying these support teams in the most efficient manner.
- Provides support to the rig management teams for rig projects, out of service periods, contract preparations, country changes, and changes of Operator.
- Responds to division WCE downtime events with urgency and provides subsea troubleshooting guidance to the rig teams.
- Ensures technical events are escalated to Corporate as per the requirements in place.
- Ensures all WCE component failures are reported and the root cause identified.
- Provide feedback to Corporate Subsea teams (Operations Support, Engineering, Reliability) groups on assistance needed. Act as the division WCE Subject Matter Expert (SME) to engage the Customer, Regulator, and Third Parties in support the rig management teams.
- Act as the division focal point for ensuring OEM's participation in supporting the IBWM planning and execution process; especially for those rigs who are part of a Comprehensive Asset Management Services (CAMS) agreement.
- Ensures annual Subsea assessments are completed for all rigs operating in the division.
- Actively monitors and utilizes the available BOP monitoring systems for the various BOP and BOP control systems in operation in the division.
- Ensures the requirements of the Subsea Handbook are understood and followed by the all WCE personnel & rig management teams in the division and provides feedback to Corporate on any improvements highlighted.
- Ensures the annual spares assessment is completed and validated.
- Ensure any shortfalls are highlighted and work with the rig management teams to identify sparing options including inclusion in the rig budget.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of all offshore Subsea personnel and those within their team.
- Assist the rig management teams in identifying improvement opportunities for the Subsea personnel and actions to include in their respective personal development plans.
- Make recommendations regarding movements (promotion, demotion, transfer) of subsea personnel in the division along with recommendations on accountability and discipline in the division's subsea community. Review the monthly financial Budvars, headcount reports, etc., and provides feedback to finance and Corporate Subsea support.
- Assists the rig management teams on their budget and forecast submittals relating to WCE equipment purchases and overhauls.
Engineering degree B.S. or M.S. in Engineering equivalent preferred. Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent with rig based subsea experience.
Extensive vendor specific equipment and systems training for the major subsea well control equipment suppliers required.
Minimum 10 years experience working with offshore drilling subsea well control equipment either in operations or in direct support of subsea operations.
Broad oilfield operations experience with in-depth subsea knowledge. Must be familiar with applicable subsea regulation requirements, subsea equipment details, operation and maintenance requirements.
Experience with both hydraulic and mux subsea well control equipment is preferred.
Must possess very good communication skills and have the capability to facilitate effective conference calls and meetings. A strong understanding of ABS, DNV, API, and related industry regulations and standards.
Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be capable of simultaneously managing multiple tasks and coordinating the efforts of others contributing to solutions to various challenges and problems.
Possessing strong technical writing skills is preferred.
Direct reports include division subsea support team. Indirect reports include all offshore subsea engineers in the division. Ability to effectively manage these teams and the relationship to the rig management teams is critical.
Must be capable of decision making with minimal supervision.
Acts to reach sound technical decisions while implementing Company standards & requirements, meeting Customer expectations, and respecting the various financial and operational goals of the division.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.