Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Finance Implementation lead will be the first point of contact for newly acquired entities to help the venture with the integration into Shell, either as standalone entity or by linking to an existing business.
The role will require sound knowledge of financial controls and framework and the ability to prioritize based on a continuous risk assessment. The support to these ventures will start from a Due Diligence stage when required activities for Day 1 of the acquisition are planned until an adequate risk-based control framework is in place.
The Finance implementation lead connects with all areas in finance, including tax, treasury, Governance Risk and Assurance (GRA) and controllers to ensure risk-based implementation plans are developed and agreed. The role will involve working with the venture finance team to assess the existing Finance controls and processes in the venture, as well as the risks inherent in an acquisition. The incumbent will need to ensure that accountabilities are clear with a focus on deliverables and outcomes. A key success factor will be the ability to bring the right balance of support and challenge to influence adequate prioritization.
- Leverage expertise from finance and other functions and build an effective network across functional SMEs and business finance teams.
- Hands support to the CFO of acquired companies (Shell secondee or existing venture Finance staff) to deliver objectives and to put sound governance structures in place.
- Apply judgement to prioritize activities based on risk, materiality and impact. Incorporate learnings from previous acquisitions to drive a consistent but fit for purpose approach.
- Manage change in a highly dynamic environment to provide direction and advise.
- Applicant will need to demonstrate curiosity and a willingness to develop a deep understanding of the objectives and drivers of the business.
- Finance implementation support to NE business which is looking to invest on average $1-2 billion a year until 2020.
- Global role supporting New Energies acquisitions; where possible focus will be on Americas.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- With at least eight (8) years relevant finance experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably from Finance or Accounting
- Financial experience in compliance/assurance or internal controls and an understanding of Corporate governance, including business controls framework (e.g. through auditing experience).
- Demonstrated ability to assess financial risks and to frame risk responses in a fit for purpose, risk-scaled manner
- Ability to leverage the skills and strengths of others taking an integrative leadership role, driving collaboration and ensuring that accountabilities are clear with focus on deliverables and outcomes
- Track record of demonstrating an external mindset, bringing fresh perspectives and generating innovative solutions to complex or challenging problems
- Strong business partnering and stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Availability to travel to provide on-site support to local finance team during early stages of an acquisition - as required
- Business partnering - SKILL
- Business Performance Management - KNOWLEDGE
- Value Management - KNOWLEDGE
- Finance Input to project delivery - KNOWLEDGE
- Accounting and Reporting - SKILL
- Financial Controls - SKILL
- Governance and Assurance - SKILL
- Risk Management - SKILL
- M&A and Structured Finance - SKILL
- Finance Input to Joint Ventures - KNOWLEDGE
- Process and Data Management - SKILL
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video