Skills: Accounting, Process Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
We seek a bright and highly-motivated professional that can join our Nabors International Tax team as an International Tax Senior Manager. We'll look to your knowledge in technical practices and processes to provide value to keep the ETR low, improve cash positions, maintain accurate reporting, advise business units and assist in audits and tax planning initiatives.
Approximate Time Spent on Responsibilities
20% Tax Audits
10% Tax Compliance
45% Tax Planning & Advice
25% ASC 740
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Research / Planning
- Identify and respond to complex domestic and international tax issues
- Provide timely technical tax advice to international business operations
- Assist with international tax plan preparation, execution, and documentation
- Write technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos and summaries
- Oversight and review the tax consequences of foreign operations
- Reduce taxes of all types by working closely with local country tax advisors
- Understand and review double tax treaty benefits and challenges
- Review cross border intercompany transactions and identify opportunities to enhance transfer pricing
- Review transfer pricing documentation from external consultants for all applicable jurisdictions
Tax Compliance/Financial Reporting
- Review foreign tax returns and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors to ensure they are accurately and timely filed
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax accruals
- Review return to provision adjustments, uncertain tax positions, review FIN 48, and valuation allowances and write technical memos to document positions
- Review U.S. International Tax returns
- Create, review, and provide internal control documentation required by Sarbanes-Oxley
- Manage International tax audits and assessments
- Communicate with internal and external personnel, including auditors, by providing tax research and helping to defend company transactions that are challenged
- Constantly attain professional knowledge by monitoring emerging practices, local country tax legislation and technologies to develop trusted advisor status
- Connect with various international business teams to understand technical issues and operations
- Suggest improvements to processes, products, and documentation as appropriate
- Participate in meetings with International Tax Director, local finance managers and tax advisors to discuss outstanding issues
- Provide international technical tax training
- Prepare tax estimates, budgets, and tax forecast reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Accounting, Business, Finance
- 10 years international tax experience in a large corporate or Big 4 tax department
- ASC 740 experience
- Expertise in international tax compliance and related processes
- Excellent tax research skills
- Working experience with transfer pricing compliance and overall working knowledge of global transfer pricing concepts
- Knowledge and experience calculating the foreign tax provision
- Familiarity with EU tax regimes and tax treaties
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and processes quickly through excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to confidently prioritize complex projects and demands
- Ability to collaboratively work with others
- Good knowledge MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Masters in Tax
- Fluent in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Enjoys interacting with people to achieve outstanding results.
- Emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize that addresses strict deadlines while achieving intended results.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.