Job Title - Category ManagerLocation - Houston, TX Employee Type - Permanent Summary
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, is one of the largest providers of product and services within the Oil & Gas industry, has a permanent opportunity for a Category Manager to be based in Houston, TX.
This position manages all of or subset of commodities within the rolling equipment category. This individual will prioritize initiatives, managing the implementation of the category strategy and supplier agreements.
Required Education and Experience
- Responsible for market intelligence and category analysis by assessing external market conditions, identifying risk, and developing effective cost reduction models.
- Must possess excellent project management, change management, collaboration, communication, contract/negotiations, and risk management skills in order to successfully coordinate supplier relationships and major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Leads the business through decision making and champions opportunities to make necessary improvements.
- Will determine category and sub-category strategies
- Managing supplies and their contract and measuring costs and benefits
- This position has 3-5 direct reports
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- 5-7 years in supply chain, field operations and/or project management.
- At least two years' experience within a Category role
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
- Ability to assemble and organize multiple sources of intelligence into a clear market assessment.
- Strong project management and negotiating skills
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the largest providers of product and services within the Oil & Gas industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.