Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pernis, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Pernis site (Rotterdam) is a great place to work with many learning and development opportunities for employees who are looking for deepening and broadening their professional- as well as their leadership skills in a complex and divers organization.
For this location we are currently looking for a Proces Engineer to join our team of approx. 25 persons Shell Staff and approx. 10 contractors.
What is the role about?
The process engineering role consists of the following three categories:
Managment Of Change (MOC)
Assurance / appover role in Management of Change process.
Lead/participate in process safety studies in design, start-up or 5yr review (HAZOP/LOPA facilitator).
PSSR lead for new projects or Turnarounds
Conducting scouting and feasibility studies on proposals from operation.
Project development (ASSESS/SELECT/DEFINE) in liaison with contractors and ensuring end-result is supported by asset owner
Provide support to construction and startup.
Ensure proper implementation and performance when integrated into existing operating units.
Contributing to process integrity of installations and processes to ensure that safe, environmentally sound, reliable and profitable operation of the units is assured.
Provide support for preparation and execution of unit turnarounds. Support trouble shooting at startup.
The process engineering assignment will be both challenging and rewarding and will give you ample opportunities for professional growth and building key experiences in your career.
As a process engineer you will be working closely together with technology, operations, inspection, business and the project organization and you will perform a key role in providing support for the production units, giving assurance on the Management of Change process and developing and implementing projects.
Some figures: investments in all categories (1-10M, 10-100M, >100M) are being developed in the process engineering team to improve the safety, environmental performance, reliability, and profitability of the Pernis Site.
This position is for a process engineer role on the Refinery Distilation Units (RDU). and/or Refinery Oil Movement (ROM). Typical units involved are Crude Distilation, Platformer, Hydrodesulphurisation, Hydrotreating, Superfractionation, Desalting, Sour water Stripping, SCOT/SRU, blending, delivery, movement etc.
In addition to the above, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core values: value and respect all people / integrity /customer rocus / act for the greater whole.
- Manage a diverse work list with varying length of timelines, varying levels of urgency, interrelationships and varying stakeholders.
- Able to act as a technical coach for junior process engineers (SGP/SATP levels)
- Be proactive, working closely with Operations, Maintenance, Inspection and the other Engineering disciplines to ensure thorough and complete communication of process issues at hand.
- Taking the lead when necessary to facilitate problem resolution when the problem requires Process Engineering knowledge and expertise.
- Ensure Process Engineering activities are conducted fully in line with Shell Group and governmental regulations.
- Sign-off and development of Safeguarding Memoranda, RV calculations and ATEX documentation.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
What do we need from you?
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should have:
• Master ChE degree (or equivalent).
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in refining/chemical plant process engineering on an operating site and/or design office
• Good knowledge of refining processes in general
• Strong communication skills are essential.
• Ability to cooperate with external parties (clients, engineering contractors, etc.)
* Sound Process Safety, Process Unit Design and Concept development skills.
* Knowledge of Process Design Integrator, Process Unit Operations Support, Process Control, Project Opportunity Realization
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video