Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have experience, ability and aptitude in Electrical Maintenance, be a proactive team player with an ability to effectively achieve the standards required, both from a departmental and business perspective, as well as drive improvements in controls and equipment operation.
- Performs technical work tasks requiring moderate to advanced technical experience.
- With little guidance can successfully complete task as required and can usually perform the skillindependently.
- Takes initiative to develop additional knowledge of the technical area and begins to train junior technicians/others in basic tasks.
- Problems and issues faced are routine and may include advanced technical troubleshooting and/or problem solving within the technical field.
- Displays professional communication and listening skills.
- Meet/exceed role requirements as per Job Description and Career Framework criteria to meet business needs.
- Providing maintenance support to production equipment and processes on a daily basis.
- Maintain and improve plant and equipment to achieve high levels of reliability, quality and safety.
- Perform Planned Preventative Maintenance activities to maximize Equipment Efficiency.
- Help developed to ensure effective use of the maintenance tools and systems, such as work orders, spare part management, maintenance service requests, JSEA and risk assessments.
- Mentor apprentices and other colleagues (including New Starts) through their work placement years.
- Contractor management, ensure contractors are adhering to relevant LSR and FPB associated with the task.
- Progress equipment spares Inventory transition to Peoplesoft Maintenance Module.
- Complete departmental and/or other paperwork as required to the standards required.
- Participate with engineering groups and QA in problem solving and Root Cause Analysis.
- Support, develop and communicate best working practice in accordance with the principals of a continual Improvement culture.
- Work closely with contractors during equipment installation and/or upgrades.
- Actively participate in and fully support/adhere tosite procedures, safety and quality initiatives.
- Engage effectively with all other colleagues, departments and third parties as and when required.
- Apply continual learning, lesson learned and knowledge to each task to achieve outcomes required.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Apprenticeship trained or equivalent.
- Electrical engineering qualification. (HNC or equivalent) Plus a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Experience of Machinery Safety Regulations 2008 / PUWER / CE Marking.
- Good knowledge of general HSE requirements and best working practices.
- PLC knowledge and Control experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word / Excel / Access.
- High Level of communication, interpersonal skills and a `can-do` attitude.
- Ability to use own initiative to identify equipment/process improvements and support others as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analysis information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestion for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as risk assessments, equipment manuals/electrical drawings, operating and maintenance instructions. Demonstrates the ability to write routine reports and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organisation.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.