This position is responsible for the supervision of the small multi-discipline engineering team supporting the Define/Execute phase of the Tapti Decommissioning project. The incumbent will provide an internal assurance and leadership role for the project work and structural engineering TA support to the PMT asset including:
- Functional leadership on all engineering matters
- Providing engineering input to Decommissioning during the Define and Execute phases
- Striving to achieve functional excellence through the application of industry and Shell engineering standards where appropriate
- Identifying and championing technology application opportunities
- Active involvement in the development and strengthening of the engineering function within PMT asset
- Establish strong network with Shell DRC to leverage learnings and best practices
- Provide structural engineering TA support to PMT asset on need basis
The incumbent will be an active member of the Tapti Decommissioning Leadership Team, implementing the overall strategy for decommissioning. In addition, the incumbent will establish effective relationships with EPRD and other contractors to ensure compliance with Shell compliance framework. This position will also involve the incumbent in directly engaging with in-house stakeholders and partners to ensure that the engineering scope of work for decommissioning is well defined, approved and effectively executed. Decommissioning of Facilities includes surveys, offshore construction/de-construction, lifting/removal analysis of Platform structural modules, riser disengagement, pipelines cutting and end protections, mattress installation/ stability, debris removal including brownfield work in and around ONGC's operating platforms, sea -fastening and transportation offshore, load-ins of removed modules at yard and dismantling.
Deliver the project engineering in accordance with Shell's Control Framework, the Shell General Business Principles, Opportunity Realization Standard, and the HSSE and SP Control Framework:
- Single point responsible person for all engineering and technical matters related to the project. Resolve all technical issues.
- Ensure appropriate development and verification of the engineering designs for the project that satisfy the approved performance criteria and stakeholder requirements.
- Prepare the philosophy and manage the process for the design verification by a third party or parties, and ensure incorporation of this into the overall process for facilities integrity. Regularly monitor its progress and effectiveness.
- Ensure that the process of design documentation management is understood by project staff and contractor(s) including review and approval and subsequent storage of design documents. Regularly monitor its progress and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the Management of Change process in terms of engineering reviews, changes and potential changes.
- Company's Facilities Lead and Technical Representative with the EPRD contractor for Decommissioning Execute Scope of Work for offshore and Onshore Disposal yards etc.
- Develop key relationships during engineering and execute phase with EPRD Contractor and/or other Execute contractors including TPA and MAS contractors.
- Conduct Execute phase work for Engineering & field work maintaining Shell Assurance Framework, as asset Technical Authority for Structural Engineering and obtain stakeholder approval of the same.
- Interface with other members of the asset team (HSSE, QAQC, PM, C&P, Project Controls, commercial, operations etc.) to ensure agreement on project deliverables and the timing of these deliverables.
- Provide technical input and support for development of the project schedule, ensuring that key milestones related to facilities removal are identified and are achievable.
- Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance including safety engineering, with follow-up and close-out of related non-conformances; implementation of the Shell Life-Saving Rules and a Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) system; promotion of environmental and Social Performance (SP) awareness, regular safety tours as applicable; a safety moment to begin all meetings; effective health and security provisions to protect people and assets during project execution phase.
- Identification of project risks during Execute phase and develop and implement risk response action plans for the top risks as applicable.
- Ensure that suitable Peer Assists, Peer Reviews and value improving practices are followed and actions implemented.
- Evaluation of technical bid submissions, review and approve Procedures and engineering documents for facilities removal from EPRD contractors during Execute stage. Evaluation of sub contractor's technical capabilities per project requirement.
- Provide structural engineering support to perform decommissioning and select removal procedures for facilities e.g. topsides, conductors, jacket &piles, appurtenances etc and specification and operation of lifting modules based on practices followed as per International codes and standards.
- Review of inspection results, NDE etc and re-assess integrity for removal of structural modules. Review lifting slings and shackles specification and assess its suitability for the lifting purposes with adequate safety factors per industry practices and standards. Knowledge on material compatibility and corrosion effects.
- Review and assessment of mooring analysis and assessment/ determination offshore environmental parameters of wind, waves and currents for safe removal of facilities offshore
- Carry out Technical interface management on cost and schedule estimates.
- Develop safe innovative ideas into execution and follow through actions.
- Visit onshore disposal yard sites during screening and execution stages; Prepare visit reports; Conduct meetings with yard management teams to develop and follow-up on actions; Review related documentation.
- Prepare technical and progress reports to support the flow of information to management to assist in decision taking.
- Provide Technical input for Project Interface register
- Ensure project lessons learned are fed back within the asset and to external Company project stakeholders, for the benefit of future projects.
- Develop and implement a plan for project close-out.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
- The incumbent should have a University Degree with a minimum of 20 years project engineering/maintenance /turnaround experience in Upstream Offshore oil & gas
- Skill on advance structural analysis of fixed offshore structures, foundations and mechanical elements of sub-sea pipelines, mattress protection and its stability. Review & understanding of SACS, SESAM -80, USFOS, NOSTRAN etc Good understanding of Met ocean parameters viz. waves, currents and winds for offshore work
- Interface with Third party and MAS and JV stakeholder Management
- Skill on review of Analysis of Offshore platforms including foundations "SACS & USFOS" or "SESAM -80"and "MOSES" etc for pre-service and In-service phases for design load conditions.
- Knowledge/skill on Identifying and design strengthening and repair solutions, Integrity Assessment & life extension of offshore structures.
- Knowledge of facilities decommissioning including removal, Control weights and COG location through design & construction for lift cases, Construction/ De-construction of offshore fixed platforms & pipelines & Marine vessels/HLV, Subsea work, Geotechnical and Pile Foundation and Hydro-dynamics i.e. Met Ocean parameters vi. Currents, Tides, waves and winds and their effect on Sub -sea and Marine activities i.e. Lifting, Transportation and Load -outs, anchoring, Fabrication Yards etc.
- Conversant with API, AISC and International codes for fixed offshore structures
- Assess workability with inputs from Met ocean criteria and engineering
- Track record of managing technical integration for complex projects including engineering and technical interfaces.
- Have led technical project assurance activities following DCAF.
- Skills in managing a large number of technical issues at any given time by engaging stakeholders and technical SME's.
B. INTER-PERSONAL & LEADERSHIP
- Proven leadership skills and strong personal drive to meet deadlines and specific targets.
- Strong communicator, able to engage with audiences at many levels on technical and management issues.
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem solver. Able to make decision under ambiguity.
- Able to technically influence the stakeholders (namely JV partners, disciplines, HSSE&SP, ER, GR, etc.) to generate consensus on critical issues.
- Results driven and demonstrate change mindset for bringing systemic changes that will improve delivery.
- Able to work independently and yet participate as a member of a team.
- Skill in managing multi-discipline teams of Shell engineers and contract staff for complex project or portfolio.
- Experience in working globally/regionally, being familiar with international practices and multiple cultures.
- Passion for coaching and development of staff.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.