Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
EniProgetti performs a key role as part of the Development Function supporting the engineering for all the businesses (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream) of Eni, an Italian Integrated Energy Company. We are currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer to be based at our operations in Basingstoke to provide technical and organisational leadership to electrical engineering activities on a wide range of projects from studies and design, to troubleshooting, commissioning and decommissioning.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Acting as lead engineer on Company projects, studies etc.
- Undertake the competent engineering of electrical systems in accordance with specified procedures and plans.
- Where required, supervise the activities of design team to complete activities to the required technical standards and project schedule.
- Undertake short term visits to a wide range of operating site and Eni geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Coordinate and expedite discipline and multidiscipline interfaces for areas of responsibility.
- Prepare man-hour estimates and planning activities for proposals and projects as required.
- Critically review the suitability and accuracy of Eni technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required.
- Be aware and evaluate the effect of new/modified legislation on plant design and performance
- Ensure all activities necessary to guarantee the design of a 'safe' plant are performed.
- Significant experience of technical and team leadership within a project environment working in the Oil and Gas Industry either as a Contractor or Oil Company Personnel. Experience preferred in Upstream Engineering.
- Technically competent in all aspects of electrical engineering (Power Generation, Distribution, Transmission).
- Experience in Concept, Basic/FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil&Gas (on-shore and/or off-shore).
- Experience in development of power system studies and specifications
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Member of a relevant Institution, Preferred Chartered Eng.