Skills: Captain / Master
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
RAS LAFFAN PORT
Primary Purpose of Job
• Responsible and accountable for the monitoring of all operations and activities within the Port complex and Port Limits during the course of the shift period, including performing all pilotage requirements in a safe and efficient manner, thereby:
• Ensuring the safety and protection of both the Companies and Client assets.
• Ensuring the maximum availability and use of the Companies assets.
• Enhancing user confidence.
• An STCW 95 recognized Class 1 Certificate (Master Foreign Going)
Experience & Skills
• 10 years sea going experience, preferably in petroleum and/or LNG tankers.
• Previous piloting experience with large vessels alongside jettys.
• Certificates in Dangerous Cargo Endorsement, Crude Oil Washing and Inert Gas operations
• Certificates in Pollution Control, Advanced Fire Fighting, Safety and Safety Management.
• Certificates in Oil, Chemical and LNG Tanker Safety.
• Updated knowledge of Shipping Business and Maritime Law.
• Knowledge of Risk Assessment.
• Knowledge of ISM (International Safety Management) and ISO (International Standards Organizations
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.