Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/she reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Learns, through organized seminars and personal study, the operational and technical characteristics of electronic equipment, and ensures his/her training is on schedule and accurately recorded.
- Keeps current with new Product Line electronic equipment and technology and updated maintenance methods.
- Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with Schlumberger's rules and regulations.
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained to the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs Quality checks strictly, as per procedure, and according to the defined schedule.
- Modifies equipment in a timely manner and only in line with official modification releases.
- Becomes proficient in the use of Schlumberger InTouch & Quest systems.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate and timely.
- Submits Feedback, as needed and reports honestly and accurately at all times.
- Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within Alaska North Slope.
- Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Test and repair various electronic systems and equipment.
- Run tests or fault diagnostics on equipment to locate and address a problem.
- Inspect and test electronic equipment using multimeters, circuit testers and oscilloscopes.
- Analyze and interprets test data.
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Keeps Maintenance Manuals and other confidential documents secure and in good order.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and Segment specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
- Continuously strives to optimize the safety and efficiency of maintenance procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.
- Understands and actively applies the Schlumberger LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
- Takes an active part in the Alaska North Slope - Safety Engagement Team (SET).
Qualifications and Experience:
- An educational background of at least a 2-year technical / associate degree and/or minimum of 2+ years of related work experience.
- Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Must be physically able to frequently lift heavy equipment above and below shoulder height, and perform continuous standing, walking, reaching, and bending.
- Ability to read, interpret, and carry out written and oral instructions; write legibly; prepare and maintain routine records; estimate department needs; determine the quality and quantity of materials received in relation to prescribed specifications; performs accurate arithmetical calculations; work under pressure; maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers, organize and prioritize work; and light machinery that may include a forklift
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Current Alaska residency preferred.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.