Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based Aberdeen.
You will join the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function which is responsible for the end to end management of the external supply chain in the provision of equipment and materials provided by third party suppliers in the execution of Projects. Working closely with our Customers, Project Management and Engineering to mitigate any risks in the supply chain and maximise the opportunities to aid excellence in Project Delivery, in terms of technical assurance, cost, schedule and delivery of the purchased supply. The disciplines covered include Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, Materials Management and Supplier Quality Inspection.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Develop procurement Strategy.
- Compile tender documents and issue to the selected suppliers.
- Negotiate price and delivery for the procurement of materials, equipment and major engineering packages.
- Post order management including liaison with Expediting and Inspection.
- Engage suppliers on performance issues and providing feedback through FPAL.
- Provide support and guidance to junior members and assist with their development.
- Assist in the preparation of expediting procedures and plans.
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons' values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- HNC/D or Equivalent in appropriate subject
- IT Literate (Excel / Word etc)
- Understanding of procurement processes and be commercially aware
- Understanding of Terms and Conditions of purchase
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work with little or no supervision