Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing Business Acumen
- Understand the structure, relationship, and business rules of the organization
- Identify impacts and linkages to the business strategies, organization and its people, data and systems, business policies and business rules, as well as the physical assets of the business
- Model the business (as-is) to the requirements (to-be)
- Perform business analysis activities using a variety of techniques in initiatives of varying scope.
- Define project success and validates requirements
- Manage the concept phase and framing of the project thus supporting and guiding the development of system requirements and preparing business cases
- Quality and timely engagement and delivery of including but not excluding: high level or business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements, detailed requirements, build and development support, support during test and delivery phase and change management.
- Support testing and identify project delivery issues and risks, assist with mitigation strategies
- Relationship management
- Work with the IT Program Manager and/or IT Project Manager during the different phases of the project lifecycle
- Engage stakeholders at various levels; from senior business leaders to technical teams.
- Assist in the professional and technical development of team members
- Coordinate customer responses to capture changes in business requirements
- Provide quality assurance advice to vendors working on system requirements and system integration build deliverables
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical Experience
- 2-5 years' experience in domain as a technical business analyst
- Experience with Web, Digital Services, Business Intelligence/Reporting, Forms/Workflow Automation and/or CRM is preferred
- Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree or equivalent
- Project Management experience, ideally with Prince2 or PMBOK will be valued.
- BABOK/Lean Six Sigma - Green is highly desired
- Key Competencies
- Advanced in business process analysis, requirements capture, handling change Experience as a Technical Business Analyst;
- Management and keeping up-to-date with domain needs
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, including technical while managing a broad portfolio of accountabilities
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; ability to influence and be the trusted advisor.
- Strong documentation and presentation skills with the ability to tailor content to diverse stakeholders;
- A sound understanding and experience in Word & PowerPoint
- Desirable skills
- Experience in facilitating the solving of business problems on large complex programs and effective communication of those solutions;
- Experience in conducting workshops to gather requirements;
- Ability to work in complex environment with ambiguity
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize workload.
- Able to work in a team environment while being able to take full responsibility for own work with little supervision.
- Able to deal with complex situations holistically, confident decision making.
- Customer focused and communicates effectively with stakeholders
- Strong understanding of business needs
- Ability to influence the organization to "get things done"
- Able to think logically and analyze complex problems
- Pays close attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Works well with all personality types
- Fluent in English, additional languages will an advantage
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.