Skills: Maintenance Technician, Fabrication, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Kershaw, South Carolina, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
• Experienced in stick welding, heliarc welding and general fabrication
• Ability to layout repair and install piping systems
• Experience with troubleshooting and repairing lubrication and hydraulic systems
• Must complete and pass all applicable induction and safety tests
• Ability to operate power tools and equipment
• Must have a good understanding of mechanical equipment, trouble-shooting and repair
• Basic blue print reading
• Good understanding of how to use and read measuring tools including (tape measures, calipers, micrometers, etc.)
• Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks
• Develop leadership skills and mentor other techs
• Work with process operations to optimize plant and correct deficiencies
• Maintain and repair conveyor systems including: changing of rollers and replacing gearboxes
• Experienced in the use of overhead cranes and safe rigging practices
• Manage contractor jobs during mill outages
• Must be able to operate mobile equipment including (fork lift, scissor lift, man lift and telehandler)
• Possess basic fabrication skills
• Must be able to operate all shop equipment
Spencer Ogden recruits the best international talent across all energy sectors, providing industry leading services to our candidates at every stage of the project life cycle.
Our global network of international offices give you access to the world’s most exciting permanent, contract and temporary positions, offering a world of opportunity to our candidates.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in professional, proactive global energy recruitment – and our Oil & Gas team is no exception. Our managers have a wealth of experience both in recruitment and on-site, giving them the perfect insight and knowledge to understand your recruitment needs. We deliver worldwide across the upstream and downstream sectors to an award-winning standard - and it’s how we do it that makes all the difference.
To meet the challenges, we bring local knowledge with a global perspective and work within the political, geographical, social and cultural reality, not against it.
We also have a bespoke, end-to-end recruitment solution to overcome the challenges of mobilizing personnel into these harsh environments when needed. Wherever you are in the world we have comprehensive candidate care including an in-house team dedicated to our contractors.