Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Purchasing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To assume responsibility for the regional sourcing and procurement strategy as well as order execution of goods and services for dedicated commodities. The PP will also be responsible for supporting the dedicated internal business-line(s) and to understand their demand , requirement and expectations related to supply of goods and services. The PP will work closely with OII Category Managers to align and implement an appropriate sourcing strategy for assigned commodities within the region.
The PP should plan and host frequently sourcing and supply review meetings with dedicated business lines leaders, with the objective of better understanding and support of their operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop strategic sourcing plan for commodity plans which support projects and business lines, in co-operation with Corporate Category Managers.
- Implement and manage strategic sourcing plan for the assigned commodities in order to meet the demand and expectation while achieving the best commercial position for Oceaneering.
- Lead and manage contract strategies, negotiations and supplier selection for assigned commodities with intent to meet the business lines demand and expectation, as well as cost effective order execution.
- Support the business lines in bidding and budgeting to support their business model and operation
- Drive supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities
- Develop and maintain a strong long term business relationship with agreed nominated suppliers. Establish long term frame contracts and focus on optimized and cost effective order execution and supply management
- Involvement in supply chain strategy and approach, aiding towards global goals & objectives.
- Work with the business line, the project and supply chain personnel to ensure safe and timely delivery goods and services that satisfy and meet all requirements/
- Ensure compliance with HSE&QA requirements internally as well as externally.
- Cooperate with business lines to develop demand profiles and work with supply base to ensure capacity.
- Act as single point of contact with own suppliers and develop the relationship between the parties for the best of the company.
- Establish bidders list, approve suppliers, submit inquiries and execute bid evaluation in accordance with processes and procedures. Issue purchase orders and follow up open orders and ensure effective day to day communication with suppliers and requestors.
- Measure and report OTD and other important figures related to the supplier relationship and deliveries
- Liaise with suppliers and create/maintain effective working relationships
- Maintenance of fixed pricing schedules, maximizing long term agreements and ensuring global requirements are considered.
- Supplier pricing negotiation.
- Purchase order/MSR management (Confirmation, Expedite, end user communication)
- Specify, select and procure equipment in accordance with company procedure.
- Follow financial prescribes in accordance with defined limits of authority.
- Maintain electronic data storage systems as directed.
- Creation and monitoring of Supplier Non conformance reports.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions.
- Read and understand technical drawing, specifications
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
E - Essential
- Education or experience - Five or more years in a customer or supplier relationship management
- Masters Degree in a related field
P - Preferred
- Must be CIPS qualified or working towards qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- A skilled user of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Project Managers and Senior personnel within the organisation
- Ability to promote the supply chain strategy and respond to questions from Project Managers and Senior personnel within the organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.