Skills: Accounting, Budget / Cost Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support the Finance Manager, Finance Department, Project Management team and related parties as appropriate in providing relevant, effective and reliable financial information which support operational and project-specific decision making.
Preparing, monitoring, controlling and financial reporting of project costs, in line with site and corporate requirements and to support the achievement of operational and financial results in line with company targets and objectives. To continuously strive for improvement, change and development in all areas of finance and business associated processes.
- Individual contributor who can work independently under limited supervision.
- Can manage and navigate ambiguous projects with minimal support from more experienced employees.
- Experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area and role function
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Explains facts, provides context and policies to internal/external parties for information or to elicit support.
- Displays required levels of engagement plus a positive `can-do` attitude with colleagues and 3rd parties while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives and ensuring safety comes first.
- Provide support, development and financial guidance to the Project Management team.
- Provide support to Project Managers in the preparation of their monthly status reports.
- Assist Project Managers with monthly variance analysis and forecast preparation, which must be reliable and timely.
- Investigate, understand (in an operational context) and effectively communicate deviations in actual costs vs forecast.
- Integrate fully with the site operations team to understand the manufacturing process and associated costs.
- Contribute to the monthly Project Reviews process and support the Project Management team in any financial queries.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Involvement in the Accounts Receivable process - reporting on Billed, Accrued / Unbilled Revenue and monitoring of cash collection.
- Assist the Supply Chain department to ensure Aged Inventory is carefully monitored and Open Purchase orders closed out accordingly.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place across the business (SOX) and compliance with financial reporting standards (UK & US GAAP).
- Strive for continual development on a technical and personal basis.
- Assist with and/or take on any other duties as and when required in accordance with business needs.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
There are no such responsibilities in this role.
- Part-Qualified Accountant to UK standard or equivalent
- Experience in industry (E) - Operational or Project based industries (P)
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience (P)
- Ability to communicate and present high level information to non-financial managers (E)
- Previous experience in Lean or similar continuous improvement projects (P)
- Well organised and able to work to business deadlines in a corporate environment (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation;
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks
- Peoplesoft - Oracle basedERP system (P - training will be given where required).
- Ability to demonstrate Microsoft Suite skills to a fairly advanced level including Excel(E), Word (P) and Powerpoint (P)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.